Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows Phone

Evernote for Windows Phone v2.6 beta3

evernote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 820 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hi there!

We have just released a new update of Evernote for Windows Phone.
Here is what's in 2.6 beta so far. We hope you will like it!

FEATURES
Shared notebook
The shared notebooks you joined should now appear in your list. Depending on the permissions, you should be able to view and edit notes in them.
The UI is still being refined. The navigation may be a bit hard now, especially if you have a lot of notebooks. Feedbacks are welcome!

First launch experience.
You should experience it the first time you launch the app.
See different use cases with Evernote. Tap each card to see more details.

Bulleted and Numbered lists support

Rich Text Support
We added some extra style support, so a note with styling such as bold, underline, font size can still edit in the note editor (and not the line by line editor).

Note Editor Redesign
We changed a bit the UX, and that can be disorientating at first.
The goal is to simplify the experience and optimise the workflow.
We also updated the attachment icons to make it look better.

MAJOR FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
We fixed the <p> tag being inserted in notes
We fixed the WP8 crash in note editor

KNOWN ISSUES / IN PROGRESS
Sending a picture from picture hub will create a duplicate note

To download, select this link on your phone (registered beta users only):
http://www.windowsph...81-2b61ff7c3072

Thank you!

Xavier

--

To report a crash, follow the following steps:
- from the main level (notes) tap "…" on the bottom right hand corner, select "About Evernote".
- select "Email Evernote activity log", select the email app to use and send the report to the indicated address.

To sign up to the beta program, please send me a private message stating:
- windows live ID
- preferred email address to be notified (I will use the windows live ID if not indicated)

About the beta app, this app will install in addition to any previous betas, and the official marketplace Evernote App. It is installed as totally separate app with its own data.

#2 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

This was crash prone after the update so I uninstalled it and did a fresh install. It seems stable now.<p> versus <br /> is inconsistent between viewing and editing notes. When editing, lines are spaced correctly. They're doubled when viewing the note.

#3 dgduris

dgduris

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

When will Evernote show up in Windows Phone AppLink? So, when I am looking at a photo, I can choose to create or append that picture to a new note?

Xavi, please grant me permission to beta-test per my recent PM to you.

#4 mundyb

mundyb

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Had the same problem as allen above. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled working fine now. Very smooth and responsive. Live tile for new photo note seems faster, of course I have switched from the Trophy to the 8X and haven't tried it on the old Trophy yet.

#5 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback! We will see if we can avoid having to do a fresh install to fix this problem.

@dgduris, there are 2 days of lag between beta submission, approval, availability. You've been added in the meantime.
You will have access to the next one to come this week.

#6 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

- Could the shared tags be more easily identifiable?
Currently, it is just a flat list in which it is not that easy to differentiate between the two (Perhaps similar to how notebooks are labelled perhaps?)

- I have also just noticed that if the shared notebook is in a stack, then it shows the stack as well. Should the sharee be able to see the stack?

#7 Ah_Fan

Ah_Fan

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

@spg SCOTT
thanks for your comment. I will bring your comments to the Dev meeting.
Also, from the issue you last reported, does the beta build re-solve your issues? You can PM me if you still seeing the issue. I am especially concerning the "no show" photo(s) from your note.

Thanks
Ah Fan
Evernote team

#8 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

@spg SCOTT,

The sharee shouldn't see the stack since this is a piece of personal information. He would see the stack the notebook is in if there is any.
We'll take care of the tags. The current behaviour is actually a defect.

THanks for the feedback!

#9 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

@spg SCOTT
thanks for your comment. I will bring your comments to the Dev meeting.
Also, from the issue you last reported, does the beta build re-solve your issues? You can PM me if you still seeing the issue. I am especially concerning the "no show" photo(s) from your note.

Thanks
Ah Fan
Evernote team

Are you referring to the issue where I reported an issue with sharing from the camera roll to Evernote?

I'm not sure, I seem to have mixed results with the uploads. Sometimes it seems to work, but others it doesn't.
Right now, it is stuck in the white screen that you see after exiting the note. After it says press back to exit (that still disappears too quickly imo) I see a white screen, and pressing back doesn't work.
I have to press the start button to get out of it, and the image isn't uploaded. Starting EN again the image isn't uploaded.

The sharee shouldn't see the stack since this is a piece of personal information. He would see the stack the notebook is in if there is any.
We'll take care of the tags. The current behaviour is actually a defect.

Yes, you see that it is in a stack (i.e. the stack name) but not the other contents of the stack.

Tags - The shared tags I mentioned were from my shared notebook. (I use a test account in this beta) I removed the tags earlier this week. They still show in the tag list.

Issues

- I have also noticed that in the Evernote interface, the sync option is disabled at times. I can't figure out why, but restarting the app or creating a new note can bring the option back again.

- I don't see many sync notifications (maybe the reason for the confusion in the previous issue?). Occasionally at start up, I will see a message about syncing headers, but manual syncs for example, show nothing to tell me that it is syncing.

Thanks,

Scott

#10 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

Thanks Scott, I reported the problem with the sync. I experience the same problem here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote