Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Wanted: User Interviews - Evernote Century

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

We're looking for a few enterprising users to help provide us some initial feedback for Evernote Century. What is Evernote Century? It's related to this:

This involves setting up a protected fund that, in the event of Evernote being taken over or shut down, will pay to maintain its data banks.

"We want people to have to believe that Evernote will be around for 100 years," Libin told CNN. "As soon as 10 years go by when it hasn't been in anyone's economic interest to keep your data, you can almost be guaranteed you won't be able to get it back. But as long as it's economical viable, it'll remain alive."

We're looking for heavy duty Evernote users, heavy Evernote Food users--the kind of users who use Evernote primarily as an archival tool--for remembering things important to them, the kinds of things that will still matter to you a decade from now (not just your latest shopping list, for example). Scanned photos, food memories, heavy scanner users who have recorded tons of information--we're looking to hear from you.

If you're that kind of user, we'd love to interview you. Reply below and we'll reach out to you direct.

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#2 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,215 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Me :)

#3 mentatd

mentatd

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

I am interested in this and will be glad to do an interview. :)

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,169 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

I may be interested.... If I ever get my database restored...
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#5 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

In my opinion, I think he may be barking up the wrong tree.

"But Libin believes that he can encourage even more people to park their data with Evernote if he can remove any question of doubt about his company's long-term destiny."

Over 30 years, I've survived my data moving from Lotus DOS-based Agenda, to Symphony, to GoldMine, to SalesForce, to Evernote. Transition and change is the nature of software.

Having my data available in 100 years is a nice gesture, but certainly not on the top of my list.

What is on the top of my list?
A reliable, secure, lean and fast program.

#6 TechBarber

TechBarber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

I'm interested.

One of the best uses of EN is storing "memories". I don't particularly want to keep everything my three year old draws or every Christmas card I receive. In fact, I don't want to keep any of it :D

But to scan it, that's another thing entirely. I have a tag called "memories" where I scan notes, artwork, drawings etc. Very cool!

I think I've heard BurgersNFries mention this kind of thing before too. Only with voice messages too!

My Blog (Technology/Evernote) - http://www.TechBarber.com
Evernote vs Dropbox & The Differences Explained - http://www.techbarbe...se-effectively/
Evernote Organization - A Beginners Guide - http://www.techbarbe...eginners-guide/

Evernote Smart Notebook Review - http://www.techbarbe...n-everyday-guy/

#7 Elmo

Elmo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

I'm in!
I was using Journler until it was abandoned.
My life is on EN: I moved 4 full filing cabinets by scanning and "copy pdf to EN"

If the product cannot be supported a "way out" should be provided.

I won't be around in 100 yrs; but, I gave my EN key to my executor since all my financial data, invoices, home sale/deed info is there.
Elmo

#8 Edwardzyz

Edwardzyz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

I am interested in this event. Feel free to contact me. :P

#9 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,169 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

I'm interested.

One of the best uses of EN is storing "memories". I don't particularly want to keep everything my three year old draws or every Christmas card I receive. In fact, I don't want to keep any of it :D

But to scan it, that's another thing entirely. I have a tag called "memories" where I scan notes, artwork, drawings etc. Very cool!

I think I've heard BurgersNFries mention this kind of thing before too. Only with voice messages too!

Yup. I have a voice mail my mother left me last year on my birthday. She has since passed away. I played it three times on my birthday this year. Of course I've transferred it from my phone to my computer & into Evernote for safe keeping. I also have some video recordings of her talking about her life.

For a year, I lived a couple thousand miles away from my parents. This was back in the 70's when long distance wasn't inexpensive & there was no internet. They wrote me every week. I saved all the letters but have since scanned them & only saved the really special ones.

I have a scan of the document when I bought my first car.

Receipts for appliances, furniture, etc in case we need them for an insurance claim.

Stuff like that.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#10 AndyC

AndyC

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

Also interested. Evernote is the core of my paper-free existence. Also have been largely digital for over 15 years, moving data across several PCs and now to Mac and syncing to iOS.

#11 TechBarber

TechBarber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

I'm interested.

Yup. I have a voice mail my mother left me last year on my birthday. She has since passed away. I played it three times on my birthday this year. Of course I've transferred it from my phone to my computer & into Evernote for safe keeping. I also have some video recordings of her talking about her life.

For a year, I lived a couple thousand miles away from my parents. This was back in the 70's when long distance wasn't inexpensive & there was no internet. They wrote me every week. I saved all the letters but have since scanned them & only saved the really special ones.

I have a scan of the document when I bought my first car.

Receipts for appliances, furniture, etc in case we need them for an insurance claim.

Stuff like that.

Similarly, I found a receipt last week for my first guitar. It's dated 1994. Finding stuff like that is soooo cool. If only the price of everything were still the same!

My Blog (Technology/Evernote) - http://www.TechBarber.com
Evernote vs Dropbox & The Differences Explained - http://www.techbarbe...se-effectively/
Evernote Organization - A Beginners Guide - http://www.techbarbe...eginners-guide/

Evernote Smart Notebook Review - http://www.techbarbe...n-everyday-guy/

#12 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• 12,169 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Similarly, I found a receipt last week for my first guitar. It's dated 1994. Finding stuff like that is soooo cool. If only the price of everything were still the same!

Scary, isn't it? My brand new, 1977 Firebird Special Edition (baby blue everything including wheels) was $4181.10 & the loan was $3500 with my dad as a co-signer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIxj-9lM4qI

#13 petersb10

petersb10

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

I'm interested. Great idea.

#14 macfixer

macfixer

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Me.

kyle (macfixer) demilo
i fix stuff :-)
http://MadeOn.LI

#15 deverill

deverill

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

I'd be interested if it will help. I have nearly 2500 notes that is growing daily. Everything I want to remember except calendar reminders is emailed or scanned into EN, and at work we use Evernote for our knowledge base of everything we do so we can remember later or educate coworkers.

#16 ATTN

ATTN

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Hello,

I'm certanly interested in this event. Evernote has been an invaluable utility for me in my work and home. I am even going to install it to my kids computer so they can use it for school.

Please feel free to contact me using my customer info in my account or just PM me here.

Regards,
Travis Northrup

#17 AndyDent

AndyDent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Count me in. I've been a software developer (mostly) for the last 30 years and a fervent keeper of notes most of that time including woeful years of copying text file snippets and a growing collection of bits of HTML between a pool of computers.

I'm moving house over Christmas and scanning several boxes of paper into Evernote to avoid moving them.

Apart from my technical work, house design notes and other planning, I'm also writing a novel using Evernote.

I figure I've got another 20-30 years left in me and my kids will want at least some of Dad's archives.

My mother died in February and I wish like hell more of her life and business affairs were recorded in something like Evernote!

#18 erich13

erich13

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

I would love to help. Remember Everything, forever :-)

#19 Viv Ilo Veith

Viv Ilo Veith

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Ditto to the above. And I would be happy to be interviewed.
Viv Ilo Veith
http://vividlyclear.com
Project Manager, Consultant

#20 gbarry

gbarry

• Title: Admin in Residence
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

We hit the first 10 here for our survey. Sorry if you weren't contacted, but if we need some additional feedback we will reach out to you. Thank you for all who responded and who worked with us on the survey!

Check out our Knowledgebase. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Check out the Getting Started Guide. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote