Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

Evernote 5.0.1 Direct Download Release

evernote

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hey Mac Evernoters!

It's only been a few weeks since 5.0.0 has gone live, but we wanted to let you know that we are listening to your feedback. We've added a lot of great stuff as well as some much needed bug fixes to this release. Let us know how you like it!

Release Notes

New Features
- Drag-and-drop Notes onto Notebooks and Tags in the Sidebar
- Added an option to show Note counts in the Sidebar
- Added a Trash button to the Note Editor

Other Improvements
- Fixed Local Notebook creation
- Fixed "notebook:" and "tag:" searching
- Better high-DPI image handling in the Note Editor
- Reduced CPU/memory usage
- Various bug and localization fixes

NOTE: This is a direct download release only ( http://evernote.com/...ile=EvernoteMac ). The Mac App Store will be getting updated shortly.

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#2 Julie Tweets

Julie Tweets

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Guests
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Fast work!

#3 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • Group: Members
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Cool - listening and delivering....

#4 trumpetg

trumpetg

• PipPipPip
  • Title: Bushwhacker
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Lovely work, team. May the dewdrops of feedback always refresh you and bless your evergreen ears.

#5 tardis

tardis

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Can I just say:

Awesome, thank you. And it even works with tags in Shortcuts.

...Ugh. Do I really have that many notes in my Inbox to process? I think I might prefer the blissful ignorance of no note counts.

#6 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

It looks nice. Good job on adding improvements so quickly.

#7 Mike Wood

Mike Wood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

...Ugh. Do I really have that many notes in my Inbox to process? I think I might prefer the blissful ignorance of no note counts.

LOL reminds me of a problem with my inbox a few weeks ago. It was only updating every 40 minutes, got way more done in between.

#8 Chris Short

Chris Short

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

The fact you haven't fixed bulleting and pasting is absolutely dumbfounding. This is a beta product still.

#9 Mike Wood

Mike Wood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

The fact you haven't fixed bulleting and pasting is absolutely dumbfounding. This is a beta product still.

Yes there is some way to go but the fact they have added back things that some people may consider as clutter (note counts), is a very good sign.

#10 Chris Short

Chris Short

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Yes there is some way to go but the fact they have added back things that some people may consider as clutter (note counts), is a very good sign.

This is a note taking app. It should be very good at taking notes first and everything else second.

#11 macfixer

macfixer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Hey Mac Evernoters!

It's only been a few weeks since 5.0.0 has gone live, but we wanted to let you know that we are listening to your feedback. We've added a lot of great stuff as well as some much needed bug fixes to this release. Let us know how you like it!

Release Notes

New Features
- Drag-and-drop Notes onto Notebooks and Tags in the Sidebar
- Added a Trash button to the Note Editor

Other Improvements
- Fixed Local Notebook creation
- Fixed "notebook:" and "tag:" searching
- Better high-DPI image handling in the Note Editor
- Reduced CPU/memory usage
- Various bug and localization fixes

NOTE: This is a direct download release only ( http://evernote.com/...ile=EvernoteMac ). The Mac App Store will be getting updated shortly.

Jack, thank you for having a direct download as well as through the App Store. I know people who'd like a copy without going through the App Store. Thanks for bringing it back.

kyle (macfixer) demilo
i fix stuff :-)
http://MadeOn.LI

#12 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• 1,507 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

macfixer, this release will only be available via direct download. We will sync up releases with the Mac App Store soon.

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#13 CEB

CEB

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

How about the customizing of the menu bar at the top? When I tried the Beta 5.0.0 that ability had been removed. In particular I used a single click to Delete a note. Also a single click to Print. With the Beta version it took more clicks.
What about an update of the User Guide for Mac? When should we expect that? Not the quick start stuff, and not the videos, since they do not actually explain how to do stuff.
And if I did update to Evernote 5.0.1 and did not like it, can I revert back to 3.3.0 or would I be stuck with 5.0.1? I already have a good facility with 3.3.0 and I would not want to lose the ability to go back to it.
Thanks in advance.

#14 NightStalker

NightStalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Good to see some stuff getting put back where they belong. I'm not going back up to v5 until it's at least as good as v3.3 that I rolled back to, though.

When you say Notes can be dragged to Tags - have you replaced the reverse function too - dragging tags onto notes, like the previous version can?

What about Toolbar configuration - is that back in yet?

I don't want to appear churlish, and I do recognise that you are responding to feedback here - thanks for that. But there are still some major features that were removed and need to go back in before I'd even consider upgrading again.
  • CEB likes this

#15 CEB

CEB

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

What about saved searches? In 5.0.0 that was changed and I could not figure it out, or maybe there wasn't even that feature any more. Another reason I rolled back and am hesitant to re-try.

#16 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• 1,507 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

NightStalker - Yes, tags can be dragged to notes as well.

CEB - Saved Searches have always been in Mac v5. In the Edit->Find menu. http://evernote.com/...#smarter_search

#17 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

This is a good place to start if you are wondering what is and isn't in OSX.
http://evernote.com/.../whats_new/mac/

And, then there is this page part of the Evernote website that provides a guide to the app.
http://evernote.com/...note/guide/mac/

#18 Speed2fly

Speed2fly

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

Is there a way to download the previous version of the Mac UI?

#19 mrgoerend

mrgoerend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

Can we get this for a date format option:

YYYY-MM-DD

#20 JC_Berger

JC_Berger

• PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Just wanted to let you know that I've noticed that tags will disappear when changing the hierarchy (placing them under other tags). A quit and restart seems to bring them back, but if you change the hierarchy (for other tags), those tags disappear too. Let me know if you want the activity log for it.
Words of wisdom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote