Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows Phone

Evernote for Windows Phone v2.6 beta2

evernote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

An update to the beta app came through this weekend and seems to have resolved the issue where attempting to edit a note hangs on a blank screen.

#2 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

This version of the WP8 app is wrapping every line in a <p> -- instead of inserting a line break when I hit enter, it starts a new paragraph. If this is by design, please make it optional. I'm guessing/hoping it's an unintentional side effect of making the WP8 app edit everything in rich text rather than plain text mode.

Also, I have a note that I cannot save/sync back from the phone. It look like the html was made non well formed at some point. It was edited in the beta phone app and the web client. I'm not sure who to send the log to -- I tried sending it to support but they just emailed me back telling me to delete the application and resync everything. To fix one little note. Of course, that wouldn't fix this anyway. I can edit it on the web, save, resync the phone to see the updated version, open it and when I try to save, error. Deleting the app won't fix the note content.

I'm not worried about the note contents, I can easily fix it by creating a new note, but in the spirit of fixing bugs . . . somehow that note went sour.

#3 WP8 User

WP8 User

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

I hope you make a fix to this issue very soon (WP8 app):

http://discussion.ev...084#entry172084

#4 WP8 User

WP8 User

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

Evernote needs to fix this issue for WP8 App immediately!!!!!!!!!

http://discussion.ev...084#entry172084

Heavy duty Evernote user and owner of the beautiful new Nokia Lumia 920!!!!

Hi All,

A new update of Evernote for Windows Phone is available since yesterday.
We are working on improving the on boarding process and the editing experience.

Here is what's in 2.6 so far:

New first launch experience.
You should experience it the first time you launch the app.
See different use cases with Evernote. Tap each card to see more details.

Bulleted and Numbered lists support
From the note editor, tap the "…" button to discovery the new options.

KNOWN ISSUES / IN PROGRESS
Editing bullet lists + plain text from there client can still bring up the line by line editor. We are working on it.
The UI for the editor will continue moving since we are adding more options. It is not final.

To download, select this link on your phone (registered beta users only):
http://www.windowsph...81-2b61ff7c3072

Thank you!

Xavier

--

To report a crash, follow the following steps:
- from the main level (notes) tap "…" on the bottom right hand corner, select "About Evernote".
- select "Email Evernote activity log", select the email app to use and send the report to the indicated address.

To sign up to the beta program, please send me a private message stating:
- windows live ID
- preferred email address to be notified (I will use the windows live ID if not indicated)

About the beta app, this app will install in addition to any previous betas, and the official marketplace Evernote App. It is installed as totally separate app with its own data.

#5 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Sharing an image via pictures doesn't seem to sync the note. It shows in the note list on the phone, but not the other clients.

I have to manually open Evernote again and sync before the note shows on the servers.

WP: 7.5

#6 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• Group: Evernote Employee
  • 820 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Hi All,

We released a new update of Evernote for Windows Phone over the week end.
Here is what's in 2.6 beta so far:

FEATURES
First launch experience.
You should experience it the first time you launch the app.
See different use cases with Evernote. Tap each card to see more details.
New: Refinement and corrections

Bulleted and Numbered lists support
From the note editor, tap the "…" button to discovery the new options.

New: Rich Text Support
We added some extra style support, so a note with styling such as bold, underline, font size can still edit in the note editor (and not the line by line editor).

New: Note Editor Redesign
We changed a bit the UX, and that can be disorientating at first.
The goal is to simplify the experience and optimise the workflow.
We also updated the attachment icons to make it look better.

KNOWN ISSUES / IN PROGRESS
We are still working on fixing the issue on WP8 with the note editor.
This is at the top of our list and we hope to deliver a fix shortly.
To download, select this link on your phone (registered beta users only):
http://www.windowsph...81-2b61ff7c3072

Thank you!

Xavier

--

To report a crash, follow the following steps:
- from the main level (notes) tap "…" on the bottom right hand corner, select "About Evernote".
- select "Email Evernote activity log", select the email app to use and send the report to the indicated address.

To sign up to the beta program, please send me a private message stating:
- windows live ID
- preferred email address to be notified (I will use the windows live ID if not indicated)

About the beta app, this app will install in addition to any previous betas, and the official marketplace Evernote App. It is installed as totally separate app with its own data.

#7 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

I moved the feedbacks made over the week end since that was likely on the latest beta.
Thank you all for the feedback, that's reported to the dev team for investigation.

#8 xdelplanque

xdelplanque

• 820 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:46 AM

Also, I have a note that I cannot save/sync back from the phone. It look like the html was made non well formed at some point. It was edited in the beta phone app and the web client. I'm not sure who to send the log to -- I tried sending it to support but they just emailed me back telling me to delete the application and resync everything. To fix one little note. Of course, that wouldn't fix this anyway. I can edit it on the web, save, resync the phone to see the updated version, open it and when I try to save, error. Deleting the app won't fix the note content.

I'm not worried about the note contents, I can easily fix it by creating a new note, but in the spirit of fixing bugs . . . somehow that note went sour.

There was actually a problem with reporting the activity logs that we fixed last week.
Now, I am not sure we actually got everything we need from this email to debug it. I contacted the engineering team to have a look at that.
We'll probably get back to you very soon for more details.

#9 S Banks

S Banks

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Overall, EN for Windows Phone just keeps getting beta! Oops... meant "Better!" You just recently ported Skitch over to us poor Windows slobs, Thank You! So slowly but surely things are coming together. But the only caveat with EN for Win Phone OS is the fact we can't attend to "To Do!" lists. I have no idea if Strikethrough is an option available to devs on the OS but either strikethrough or check boxes would help because as it stands, there is no way to check off anything in a note via the mobile app. On another note non-phone related, I'd still like to see a generic "Send To EverNote..." for the context sensitive menu in Win OS. Thanks for a great product...

#10 allen

allen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

It looks like any new note created in this beta is in HTML mode and as such inserts a paragraph not line break every time I hit return.

My initial reaction to this is that It would make more sense to if the note was plain text until I added rich formatting like a list.

Secondly, but perhaps more importantly, I would really like a menu item to convert an item to text.

I also agree with S Banks (I may have mentioned this in the beta 1 thread), I'd really like to see check boxes. I cannot think of an instance where I will actually use bulleted lists (and numeric are even less likely) on my phone but implemented similarly to the lists, I'd use checkboxes nearly daily.

Edit: So I don't come off as a nag here, I should mention that I'm pleased with the cosmetic changes and happy to see the Windows Phone version finally getting some rich text support. Keep up the good work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows phone, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote