Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Where is 'Settings'?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Crossstick

Crossstick

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

(iPad user) I'm feeling like the latest version of EN is set and I'm supposed to like it. I think it's become a software standard to have a 'settings' function where appearance and functionality options can be chosen. I preferred the alphabetical note picker vs having to scroll pages of notes to get to the one I need. User customization of visual appearance and operation will move EN to first-class software.

#2 sealion

sealion

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Join the club. I had to ask the same Q a few weeks ago when I "up"graded from the completely useful v 4.... To the wondiferous v5.

Settings is now hidden, without a hint from EN, under the icon for your EN name in the upper left corner of the home screen. Not a bad idea, except that EN did not bother to tell me or you or anyone else.

#3 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,218 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

(iPad user) I'm feeling like the latest version of EN is set and I'm supposed to like it. I think it's become a software standard to have a 'settings' function where appearance and functionality options can be chosen. I preferred the alphabetical note picker vs having to scroll pages of notes to get to the one I need. User customization of visual appearance and operation will move EN to first-class software.

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

As mentioned already, your "settings" are found under the badge in the upper left-hand corner. I am also a fan of options and customizability, and I am also hoping that we will gain control over visual elements like the index bar we had in the previous version. I know that some users probably did not rely on it much, but I certainly did.

#4 Kritz

Kritz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

The settings available under the UN badge don't include synch options. Where are these options? TIA.

#5 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,218 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

The settings available under the UN badge don't include synch options. Where are these options? TIA.

There are no sync options in iOS. They are only available on mobile in Android.

#6 Kritz

Kritz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Well, that would explain why I can't find them under the UN badge. I take it that I can't force a synch from the iPad, and it will synch whenever it pleases? Also, even though I deliberately didn't get a 3G iPad, what about the folks who do have that feature -- does Evernote synch over 3G from the iPad whether the user wants to or not?

Thanks for the info.

#7 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,218 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

Well, that would explain why I can't find them under the UN badge. I take it that I can't force a synch from the iPad, and it will synch whenever it pleases? Also, even though I deliberately didn't get a 3G iPad, what about the folks who do have that feature -- does Evernote synch over 3G from the iPad whether the user wants to or not?

Thanks for the info.

You can force a sync in the top right corner. If you don't want apps to use cellular for sync, I am not sure what you do.

#8 Mike Wood

Mike Wood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

On the iPhone there is a setting for Wifi only sync. I don't have a 3G/4G iPad so I'm not sure the same applies?
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote