(Archived) Shortcuts not syncing in 5.0

Incitatus

Idea

15 replies to this idea

Or maybe useful. I'm only using V5 on one computer, but I could make the plausible argument for wanting different shortcut setups at different devices. Say you have a Mac at work and a Mac at home. It's possible you'd use different shortcut setups on each of these based on your environment.

At any rate, noted.

I work on 3 different Macs and an iPad, depending on where I am. My priorities are always the same, ergo I'd like my Evernote setup to sync in its entirety across all devices. To me it is not logical that everything else in Evernote syncs but this one feature does not. In fact, I'm astonished to find it doesn't.

agreed, they should sync. evernote's syncing capability means I can transition seamlessly from desktop to iphone to laptop... when only some of the "information" syncs the continuity across devices is lost. it's no longer seamless and I'm back to device-specific usage profiles.

I'd like to add my voice to the "please sync shortcuts in Evernote" crowd. One solution that would make everyone happy is to have a Synch property on each shortcut so you could turn synching on or off. The default should be on.

But otherwise 5.0 is really a step forward. The borders on the notes, the improvements to the left hand menu all rock.

As of now, wouldn't it be possible to sync the shortcut by putting the "preferences" file (the file where the shortcuts list is stored) in dropbox?

It would at least sync the shortcuts between computers.

I would try if I knew which file it was.

Please sync shortcuts, this would be a tremendous time saver. At the very least give us the option to decide which we would like to sync. Agree with all the above statements, I work the same frequency notes and notebooks across all devices.

I disagree. Shortcuts should not sync. What I need shortcuts to on my iPhone (i.e., what I use Favorites for, even though I am told it's very, very naughty) is vastly different from what I'd need on my desktop Mac which again differs from my need on MacBook Pro.

I disagree. Shortcuts should not sync. What I need shortcuts to on my iPhone (i.e., what I use Favorites for, even though I am told it's very, very naughty) is vastly different from what I'd need on my desktop Mac which again differs from my need on MacBook Pro.

pgdahl, I make no assumption on how you use evernote, I think that is the point everyone uses it differently and this seems to be an obvious feature request. I think we are all saying that it should be an option we have as users to enable or disable sync across devices, simple and make both sides happy.

• Level 5*

I'd like the option to have Local or Synced Shortcuts (on the model of the notebooks). In the meantime, creating a "homepage" note with note links, making a saved search for it, and dragging that saved search into your shortcuts will give you quick access to all of your most used notes.

Jackolicious,

Indeed, I see a "Synchronize Shortcuts" checkbox that appears when right-clicking Shortcuts in Evernote 5 for Windows.  I checked the checkbox and then clicked the Synchronize button.  But this still doesn't do what I want -- namely to synchronize the Shortcuts between my Mac, iPhone and Windows computers.

Am I missing something?

Archived