(Archived) How do I delete a note in Evernote 5.0.0

tigerduck75

Idea

Hello

I've just updated Evernote to 5.0.0 and now can't figure out how to delete a note. I can't find a delete icon in the toolbar and I can't see a delete function when I right-click on the note.

I'm sure there's a way to delete notes and I'd appreciate somebody's feedback on this.

13 replies to this idea

Whoa! Thanks for these posts! I was thinking there was something wrong with me. This super duper update really does not allow me to delete a note or notebook. Hope this is coming soon. Seems like a pretty significant oversite. Right clicking just does not cut it.

Other than that I'm impressed with the update but the delete issue is a big drag!

Thank you for all your replies. As Metrordon mentioned, notes can be deleted by selecting it in a view (snippet, list, etc.) and then right clicking it.

And yes, I agree with others who replied here, it would be GREAT to be able to delete on the note itself again.

Please please add the delete function back to each individual note. Losing this has totally destroyed my workflow. I open many notes at once on two 30" monitors. I then go through them, decide which to keep and which to delete. Deleting is now a royal pain with Evernote's new minimalist approach.

It is such a fundamental thing - I can't believe it was removed!

All, you can delete a note by clicking and holding onto the note until the "x" appears in the top left corner of each note. You then click the "x" on the notes you want to delete. This functionality is similar to how you move or delete apps on your iPad.

Archived