Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

Can Evernote calculate receipts like a spreadsheet?

evernote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Keam

Keam

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hi All,

I'm new to EN. I really like it. I primarily want to use to capture receipts for now. I use Paperless app to store my receipts for now but EN is way better. However, Paperless allows users to store $$$ amounts and calculate those amounts.

I was searching for a way to add (customize) "Amount" to menu items. Then I can see $$$ totals based on tag, stack or notebooks...etc

Can EN calculate the receipt(s) amount? Is there such a feature? Is that possible?

Thanks

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,173 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

You can scan to EN but EN itself does no calculations.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 Keam

Keam

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Thanks, how do I suggest this feature to EN? It would be cool if I could add an "Amount" column to the note.

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,173 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thanks, how do I suggest this feature to EN? It would be cool if I could add an "Amount" column to the note.

This message board is the place to post feature requests. So you've already done so. However, I don't think EN is too keen on this type of item, since it would require a specific field that would be numeric & therefore able to be available for a calculation.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#5 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Noted.

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote