Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

Penultimate for Windows 8!

penultimate windows 8 windows

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 orion9282

orion9282

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

With the introduction of the Microsoft Surface tablet, the upcoming Surface Pro, and the various other MS tablets (I own a Samsung ATIV Smart PC, myself)... Please, Evernote team, make Penultimate for Windows 8. Evernote is in desperate need of having a handwritten, notes taking application...

If ever you needed motivation: OneNote by Microsoft is really, really good. I'm actually thinking about switching just for the handwriting option, but I love Evernote so much!

#2 digitalnelson

digitalnelson

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

I totally agree. I have been using a samsung series 7 with win 8 since the early days and love the handwriting support. I have been using onenote for my handwriting and evernote for everything else (including livescribe notes) and find it frustrating to have my notes split between apps. Would love a good way to get high-end handwriting (i.e. from a tablet with a real digitizer) into evernote.

#3 blairh

blairh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Yes - I agree as well!

I am now trying to replace my iPad with my Lenovo Yoga 13, and Penultimate is the one piece of the puzzle that is currently missing. I look forward to hearing of any progress on a Windows 8 version.

#4 Subas

Subas

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yes - I agree as well too on all the above comments! :D

I am currently using the ACER W7000 slade and the only software missing is the Penulimate. i tried changeing the virtual keuboard to a write pad which come by default but it's no good. i have been using the Penulimate on the ipad 3 and it work great. Hope that EVERNOTE will create this software for Windows 8. :)

#5 jlamorie

jlamorie

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

I have a DELL Latitude 10, and the OneNote 2013 application is absolutely amazing. I had been using an EA800 (ASUS Eee Note), but it became useless when the OAuth API became the only way to upload notes (and ASUS stopped supporting it). I have installed the latest Desktop Evernote app, and the inking is quote poor. The rendering speed is slow, and the inability to distinguish between finger and pen leaves a lot of palm splotches.

I also tried to use the Import OneNote sectiom feature of EverNote, but it just caused both applications to crash.

#6 AccordingToMe

AccordingToMe

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Take a number and get in line LOL....us Android people have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER!!! 

#7 JOE H

JOE H

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

I wanted to add another voice to the call for penultimate for Win8.  If I had that, I would likely drop Onenote and go with Evernote solely.  Right now, I am in a situation similar to digitalnelson where I split time between the two. 

Heck, I would likely go premium because of all the handwriting I do (Lenovo TT2 and x220 - I'm a Windows tablet user since the XP tablet edition. 

#8 lerka101

lerka101

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

+1 penultimate on all platforms. :)

#9 Dubjohn

Dubjohn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Just adding my voice to this. I'm a teacher and the ability to write notes on my tablet and save directly to Evernote would save me a lot of time. At present I use windows journal. I save the notes as pdf and then create a new note within evernote and then share the note. This has to be done 7-8 times per day which can be really a pain. I really don't like OneNote as I find the file sizes fairly big. Please try to add this in the near future on PC

#10 RyLawson

RyLawson

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

the same. i totally agree!!!

#11 dlu

dlu

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for posting!

If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#12 apt101

apt101

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

That would be great. Putting my hat in for the osX version. Would be great to use my Wacom to edit the files once i get back to my desktop.

#13 Rgrenader

Rgrenader

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Loooooong overdue, lmho.

#14 gurskster

gurskster

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Ditto to all the above posts.  Is this something that Evernote / Penultimate is working on and if so is there any news on a launch date?

#15 calandril

calandril

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

How about Windows 7?   Is this not constructed in Java?   I use a pen with my Windows computer all the time and since none of my desktops are touchscreen, I see no reason to sidegrade to 8 yet.  I would very much appreciate being able to use Penultimate with my Mac Air and Windows pc's.

#16 PrKM

PrKM

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

Im a OneNote user on Windows 8 / Surface Pro -  would love to see inking in Evernote.

#17 flipfan

flipfan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

it may not be common knowledge, that while there is not a penultimate for Windows8, the Evernote version I have has the concept of an "ink note" directly inside evernote (drop down the menu for "new note" or Ctrl+Shift+I).  I use this in tablet form (I have a Sony Vaio Duo 11) and it works well enough.  Not as robust as Penultimate, but certainly better than no inking or Windows Journal or using two systems (OneNote, etc).

I keep putting my vote in on the Android side, since there are zero capabilities there, and this at least has a basic capability.

#18 pjhenry1216

pjhenry1216

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I too would love to see Penultimate come to Windows 8, specifically for use with the Surface Pro. I feel like the two were made for each other.

#19 galfn

galfn

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I also want to have Penultimate windows 8 version.

#20 Appogee

Appogee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

I just bought a Lenovo Helix (Windows 8 tablet).

I was expecting to be able to use its stylus to add to handwritten notes (from which the handwriting has been recognised) to EverNote.    In fact, it seemed such an obvious use of EverNote that it never even occurred to me to check that EverNote might not offer this functionality.

So I was shocked to find today that I can't add a handwritten/recognised note to EN.

(I mean, seriously... in the age of tablets and gestures, the best note taking and organising app doesn't enable input/recognition of handwritten notes...?!)

I was ready to upgrade to Premium.  But now that I find this feature is missing from EN, I will reluctantly need to go with Microsoft's OneNote, 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote