(Archived) Problem with Atlas

Fundor333

Idea

30 replies to this idea

Wow!, Problem is solved in the beta 2!

Now I can access the Atlas, and also see that the location information of the notes was not lost, as initially feared.

Why the solution to this problem was not announced in beta 2 release notes?

Correction:

Can see the Atlas with the notes that have the location information, but the location field is still disable. I can't add new location information.

I am also having a problem with Atlas. On my iPhone, all my notes with geographic information associated with them are showing up correctly. However, on my Mac, only about 2/3 notes are showing up in the Atlas view. Editing the note itself or the location tag doesn't solve the problem.

Hello,

I finally downloaded the Evernote update and now the location field is editable on Snow Leopard. Thank you!

BUT - the field doesn't seem to accept any address that I type in, even when I'm careful to format it exactly the way that google does. I've tried several address in several cities, but they all turn red once I enter them, don't show up on the map, and when I sync the note and then open it on my phone, the note has no location information.

Is this another bug, or am I missing something?

Thanks!!

I have the same problem...

Using iMac with OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

At the bottom, the left panel always shows 'connecting...' (has in the italian version)

However I can synchronize the notes correctly

Activity register is empty.

I have the exactly same problem! But in my iPhone the notes are showing in the maps perfectly. I've just open a repport ticket, let's wait.

And I haven't been able to see the atlas even once as well.

Using Info popover (is there another way to add a location to a note?), I cannot type in the location textbox, and clicking the arrow produces the spinning icon for a bit, then it stops & nothing happens.

Using 10.6.8 on a MacPro that has no wifi, and of course no cellular data. But where is the little box where I could type latitude & longitude? Do we just type, e.g. "28.1245,-47.8931" into the location field? (assuming the location field can be made to work)

No one above has mentioned the other issue since the first poster, but clicking Atlas on left bar produces a grey background in right area, with a logo embedded in it & message touting the coolness of Atlas, but no map.

**EDIT** I see now that there's a limitation on Snow Leopard. That could limit self-location, but it shouldn't prevent a text box from being typed in! I could type Lat-Lon on the desktop versions of Evernote prior to version 5 (although there was no way to display the map), so hopefully this metadata-entry bug can be fixed, even if we can't display the map.

I am on 10.8.2 using ersion 5.0.1 (400591) and now at least I see on Atlas the message "See your notes on a map Atlas organizes your notes..." biut I dont see a map ALTHOUGH i have already stored notes with "i" location details that are shown on the iOS device.

Please fix that !

Hi, I'm on Mac OS X 10.7.5 (aka Lion) and I have exactly the same problem, I click on the "i" in the upper right corner for the info pop-over and then it won't let me set the focus on the location text box or click on the compass. Both of them seem disabled for some reason, so I'm unable to use Atlas... I also recently updated from the previous evernote version through the App Store. I'm also a fairly new evernote user.

I got quite frustrated just trying to find information on this, thankfully I found this thread and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

I'm having the same problem.

I'm using OS 10.6.8, just downloaded Evernote 5, and when I try to click in the location field it is uneditable. All the other fields in that note info field work fine. I have been dying or this feature so would love to get it working. Based on searching through forums it sounds like a lot of people are having this problem but I haven't seen an answer yet.

Hi, Jack, sorry for the delay to reply. I'm very busy last days...

I'm using OS Snow Leopard, 10.6.8.

I'm still have the problem in the last public (not beta) release, and yes, I doing from the note info popover.

The field is simply not editable, I can't type anything in the location field.

I can see in the atlas the notes that were taken with my blackberry, for example.

I also see the location info in the info popover, but can't edit, and worse, if I click on the little arrow at right, the location info is deleted (and I can not enter it again!)

I am the only one with this problem?

Ditto, location field not editable for me either. Sno Leopard 10.6.8 using Evernotote 5.0.0 just upgraded today.

Hi, Jack, sorry for the delay to reply. I'm very busy last days...

I'm using OS Snow Leopard, 10.6.8.

I'm still have the problem in the last public (not beta) release, and yes, I doing from the note info popover.

The field is simply not editable, I can't type anything in the location field.

I can see in the atlas the notes that were taken with my blackberry, for example.

I also see the location info in the info popover, but can't edit, and worse, if I click on the little arrow at right, the location info is deleted (and I can not enter it again!)

I am the only one with this problem?

Jackolicious,

After the post (which then I edited), I realized that I can see the Atlas, but the location field still can not be edited, so that I can add the information to notes that do not have a location.

So the problem it is 50% solved... :)

Ah! You're right. We missed it in the release notes. Glad to hear it's fixed :)

It works great, thanks!

I'm also very happy with all the new shortcuts, I think I can work Evernote from the keyboard only. Incredible work!

Oh and by the way, after a 5 min. learning curve and some initial apprehension I'm also loving the new iOS client. Pretty, fast and usable.

So, Manic Panic, you have the same problem as me, fundor33, and may be many more people.

I also haven't been able to see the atlas even once, and what is worse apparentlu I have lost the location information of the notes that they had.

• Level 5*

Things are worse... EN 5 beta erased all location information from my notes.

The location field is not enable, so I can't add this information again manually.

If I add the location with my iPad, then it is deleted when I edit the note in my iMac with EN 5.

Going to file a support thicket...

Yeah. That behavior doesn't sound right to me. I'd definitely start a ticket. Please post your ticket number here and let us know how it turns out!

Things are worse... EN 5 beta erased all location information from my notes.

The location field is not enable, so I can't add this information again manually.

If I add the location with my iPad, then it is deleted when I edit the note in my iMac with EN 5.

Going to file a support thicket...

• Level 5*

I go to note, press the "i" -> can't type anything in 'Position' (or 'location') field. It is not editable. Click in the field do nothing...I can't type the city...

That is weird. It is definitely editable for me. I think you may want to file a support ticket, because I think this field has been available for a long time, and ought to be working for you.

• Level 5*

Hi GM!

I have old notes with location...

But, how to put the location with an iMac in EN 5?

I can't add a location because the 'position' field isn't editable and click on little arrow at the right do nothing...

Has you say, the problem is bening, but annoying...

Hi. Go to a note > press the "i" icon > type the name of a city in there, like "Rome" > sync and the problem should go away. At least, it did for me.

Hi GM!

I have old notes with location...

But, how to put the location with an iMac in EN 5?

I can't add a location because the 'position' field isn't editable and click on little arrow at the right do nothing...

Has you say, the problem is bening, but annoying...

• Level 5*

I keep telling people to put a location in one of their notes, and that will solve the problem (it did for me), but everyone is reporting back that it didn't help. I don't know what to say, except that the issue appears widespread. As far as I can tell, the problem is benign, and it won't impact your account in any way, but it is annoying.

I have the same problem...

Using iMac with OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

At the bottom, the left panel always shows 'connecting...' (has in the italian version)

However I can synchronize the notes correctly

Activity register is empty.

Archived