Evernote 5 Beta (Mac): How to access the trash?

Tiberius

Idea

6 replies to this idea

Trashcan can be found in the notebook view--if you use it often, you can move it from the notebook view to a shortcut on the left nav. You can also "right click" (whatever you have that set to be on your Mac) to add a note directly to the trash--though it says "delete note" rather than "send to trash" or anything like that.

Thanks, gbarry, found it. I can work that way, switching to the notebook view. But I can't move the trash-notebook to the shortcut view. I can drag and drop ("drag and drop", yeah, mac user here ;) my other notebooks to the shortcut-section, but not the trash-notebook. it just doesn't move if I'm trying to drag it. All my other notebooks do.

as a side note, I find it inconsistent that the trash-notebook is displayed as a notebook, but doesn't show up on the sidebar under the notebook-section together with my other notebooks.

Great support here, btw. Great product, service, support. Love it!

Thanks, gbarry, found it. I can work that way, switching to the notebook view. But I can't move the trash-notebook to the shortcut view. I can drag and drop ("drag and drop", yeah, mac user here ;) my other notebooks to the shortcut-section, but not the trash-notebook. it just doesn't move if I'm trying to drag it. All my other notebooks do.

as a side note, I find it inconsistent that the trash-notebook is displayed as a notebook, but doesn't show up on the sidebar under the notebook-section together with my other notebooks.

Great support here, btw. Great product, service, support. Love it!

Ah! I have provided misinformation on the beta--made an assumption that V5 was treating trash like a notebook, and clearly it is not--my apologies--so no shortcut ability at the moment. I'll pass along your feedback to the team, and slip in a suggestion myself that we may want to include Trash as shortcuttable. And thank you for the kind words. We definitely aim to please as often as we possibly can with our support. Welcome to the community!

I'm very upset about this, I spend a whole morning desperate looking for the trash on this evernote... it droves me crazy!!! 

The worst thing is that I already have the premium version until next year... i'm switching to onenote right away.

Nevertheless thanks for the answer, at least I could recover my notes at the end of the day.

Archived