(Archived) OCR and convert to text?

Kelemvor

So I have some handwritten recipe cards. They are jsut text and have no picture on them at all. I want to get the recipes into Evernote. I've taken photos of a few and it's awesome that evernote can determine the text on the cards and let me search by that.

Is it possible to take this one step further and have Everntoe do the OCR and give me the whole text so I can get rid of the picture and just leave the text behind?

E.g.

1) I scan in some recipe cards

2) Assign them to an offline notebook/note

3) Let everntoe determine the text however it does that

4) Copy the text and paste it into the note as actual text

5) Delete the original picture

This way I don't have to upload any actual picture when the whole picture is just text anyway. Can that be done?

Thanks.

So I have some handwritten recipe cards. They are jsut text and have no picture on them at all. I want to get the recipes into Evernote. I've taken photos of a few and it's awesome that evernote can determine the text on the cards and let me search by that.

Is it possible to take this one step further and have Everntoe do the OCR and give me the whole text so I can get rid of the picture and just leave the text behind?

E.g.

1) I scan in some recipe cards

2) Assign them to an offline notebook/note

3) Let everntoe determine the text however it does that

4) Copy the text and paste it into the note as actual text

5) Delete the original picture

This way I don't have to upload any actual picture when the whole picture is just text anyway. Can that be done?

Thanks.

First, the indexing occurs on the EN servers. So putting them in an offline notebook will not do the OCRing.

Second, EN does not currently do image to text. Additionally, the OCRing done on images (which is the best format for handwriting) does not do a word for word indexing like the PDF OCRing. Instead, a tree of possibilities is created. So the word 'house' may show up in a search for 'horse'.

• 5 months later...

Archived