Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Penultimat/Evernote integration request

penultimate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vgermani

vgermani

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hi, I have been an avid Evernote user for years. I love the ability to know that the note I'm taking right now will automatically be synced to my other devices and be available everywhere. Well, I have been doing more with drawing and hand written notes lately. I was excited to find Penultimate. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed in the integration with the overall Evernote system. It appears that in order for my penultimate notes to be synced to my Evernote account I need to manually send the page/notebook to Evernote (yes, I've linked and everything seems to work).

My request is to add a function where I can opt in to have my penultimate notes automatically sync to my evernote account/devices without any intervention just like a normal Evernote note.

I understand the issues of not being able to edit the notes once in Evernote...but I'm willing to live with that. I just want to be able to take a note...any note...and have them automatically synced to my Evernote account and all devices.

Thanks!

#2 New Daddy

New Daddy

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I totally agree to this post. I can wait for the ability to edit Penultimate notes within Evernote, but at a minimum auto-syncing is really indispensable.

#3 kurka

kurka

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Yes, this would be great. It was pretty good solved for Skitch, so the framework is alreday there inside Evernote, so I hope it's more or less just a matter of implementing it in Penultimate.

#4 markvaskejr

markvaskejr

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

I agree that something needs to be done with syncing between Penultimate and Evernote. I am anxiously (and impatiently) awaiting a full rewrite of how notebooks are stored. I would like to see the notebooks in Penultimate become notebooks in Evernote and each page is a note. Adding a solution to group a range of pages as one note would also be fantastic (perhaps adding up and down paging for multipage single notes and left right paging for new notes in the notebook). This would work great for me as I take Calculus notes where single problems can take multiple pages and I am sure other topics would require multiple pages as well. I use Evernote for all my school notes when I can type and Penultimate when I have to write, adding a better sync system and a few other functionality improvements would be wonderful. I don't want or need too many features like other note taking applications, I like the limited simplicity that Penultimate offers because it lets me focus on taking notes instead of fiddling around with formatting.

#5 18spoons

18spoons

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Agreed! I'd love the ability to have my notebooks in Penultimate auto-sync to Evernote... would really help my workflow at the office.

One step further, it would be great if the evernote app allowed for the ability to edit the handwritten notes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, penultimate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote