(Archived) Web Clipper not working - Max OS X, v. 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.7

rpugash

Subject line says it all - web clipper isn't working under Max OS X v. 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.7. Clipper opens, looks like it's going to work, but nothing happens.

Any suggestions would be MOST appreciated!

Thanks very much.

• 2 weeks later...

But... I'm running OSX 10.7.5 and Safari 6.0.2 and I can't get it to work anymore either. I click on the clipper button, the "Clipping" dialog box comes up, I select "Clip Article," and the black "Clipping...." notice comes up and then it just hangs there until I give up on it.

Reinstall Clipper maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I posted in another place but I should have here instead. I have the same issue. Web clipper opens but when I click "clip new page" or whatever, it goes to a blank/white box and does nothing. I have OS X 10.7.5 and Safari 5.1.7. Thanks for the help!

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have the latest version of OS X, the latest version of clipper for Safari, Chrome and Firefox and they are all a mess. The old Clipper was easy, simple and not windows like with lots of bells and whistles and it always worked from the very first version onwards. The last version of Clipper must have been developed by a maniac. I sincerely doubt that people have the time to alter a page, add highlights and add text when they are on a webpage. It is like Steve Ballmer has come up with the idea. It is sometimes synchronising but mostly not. (The wheel is spinning and keeps on doing that forever) So copy /paste is the new standard now. very disappointing.

Subject line says it all - web clipper isn't working under Max OS X v. 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.7. Clipper opens, looks like it's going to work, but nothing happens.

Thanks very much.

Well, the promise in another forum from Evernote is that 10.6.8 users will be left with a working evernote but no more help will be given.  Does a working evernote include the web clipper, because it has never worked for me since the upgrade to the all singing all dancing tab version, which is, incidentally, a load of codswallap even if it did work.  Let the designers of this stuff stand up and be counted.  The direction Evernote is going is not encouraging.

Thanks very much.

Well, the promise in another forum from Evernote is that 10.6.8 users will be left with a working evernote but no more help will be given.  Does a working evernote include the web clipper, because it has never worked for me since the upgrade to the all singing all dancing tab version, which is, incidentally, a load of codswallap even if it did work.  Let the designers of this stuff stand up and be counted.  The direction Evernote is going is not encouraging.

jbignert, wherever you are, I salute you.

Archived