Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

My review of MoveEver, editing multiple notes in Evernote on iPad/iPhone

review moveever ios ipad iphone batch edit multiple notes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 May

May

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Members
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Ever wanted to edit multiple notes all at once in Evernote on iPad/iPhone instead of having to always edit a single note at a time?

You can actually do that with a third party app for Evernote - MoveEver.

This is one of examples of Evernote's biggest strength - its open API.
... additional apps and services... The whole Eco-system... All that combined is IMHO the biggest strength/advantage of Evernote.

I use MoveEver all the time when I'm processing my inbox in Evernote and want to apply Tags to a group of notes, or move multiple notes to a different Notebook - all at once.

Btw you can also merge notes.

Of course it would've been nice to edit multiple notes and do everything in a single app instead of switching between multiple apps but I find that having everything in a single app doesn't really matter that much on iOS. Anyway using multiple apps is always better than not having the feature at all in my view!

#2 Martin Packer

Martin Packer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

@May, thanks for doing these reviews. It must've taken a lot of time.

In this particular case my "take home" is that the name "MoveEver" is a poor one: Your review showed me this is a "mass edit" tool and as such is valuable to me, much more valuable than the name would suggest.

#3 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,147 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

I agree with Martin. And I'm going to get this app, too. Thank you, May.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,147 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

PS - it's worth noting that when I search on Move Ever, in the app store, there are three options. One is free, one is 99 cents & one is 1.99 (at this time). It appears the one May is talking about is put out by Shamrock Records - the $1.99 one - based upon his video. It includes the phrase "Evernote is Arranged" in the title.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#5 Martin Packer

Martin Packer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Yes, I noticed that, @BnF. I think I picked the right one. It looked like the developer had several goes at registering the app. It hadn't occurred to me they might be different apps.

#6 May

May

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, there is pretty much no way to actually find out that this app allows you to batch edit multiple notes unless you buy it because the name and description in the app store doesn't provide this information.

The developer is from Japan, http://blog.shamrock-records.jp/
so I guess there's a better description in the Japanese App store and maybe the app is mostly targeted at Japanese Evernote users. Evernote seems to be huge in Japan.

Here's a vid of Phil Libin talking about Evernote in Japan:
http://www.usatoday..../video/1588617/

The app is going to be useful to anyone who wants to edit multiple notes on iOS device though, not just Japanese users, of course. :)
Actually this is one of my must-have Evernote apps. The other ones are Clever, EverWebClipper and Evernote app itself.
I also use Evernote Food and KustomNote pretty much everyday.

#7 GraddySolutions

GraddySolutions

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

How can we find these apps, when the trunk is not searchable? I've tried the Google site search, but the word Clever is awfully common! Can u please give links to these apps?

#8 roschler

roschler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

I'd love to get my hands on the Trunk app contents. I'd make a killer search interface for it! ;)

-- roschler
BitQwik - Search your Evernote notes with a powerful Artificially Intelligent assistant!
TagHunter - The free intelligent power search tool for Windows Evernote users that have lots of Tags

#9 Tedology

Tedology

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

How can we find these apps, when the trunk is not searchable? I've tried the Google site search, but the word Clever is awfully common! Can u please give links to these apps?

Hi GraddySolutions,

I did a Google search for "evernote app clever" and this was first on the list:

https://itunes.apple...d551017006?mt=8

Hopefully it will help you find what you're looking for. :)
Warm regards,
Ted

"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on this knees."

Crafting blog: Happily Ever Crafter

#10 Leah MacVie

Leah MacVie

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Spent about a half an hour trying to figure out how to to merge notes with this app because it says you can in the original description. Any ideas?

#11 May

May

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Spent about a half an hour trying to figure out how to to merge notes with this app because it says you can in the original description. Any ideas?

There you go

Posted Image

#12 Leah MacVie

Leah MacVie

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Oh duh- thank you, thank you, thank you May! I just got an iPad over Xmas to help with PhD work. I am using it to scan in my notes, as well as other things. I am using the ScannerPro app, but you can't combine scans in one send to Evernote, so I needed a way to merge notes.
Thanks so much!

#13 Martin Packer

Martin Packer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

So, by the looks of it, @May, this would handle my merge Journal4Evernote entries use case (for MergeEver).

#14 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,185 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Oh duh- thank you, thank you, thank you May! I just got an iPad over Xmas to help with PhD work. I am using it to scan in my notes, as well as other things. I am using the ScannerPro app, but you can't combine scans in one send to Evernote, so I needed a way to merge notes.
Thanks so much!

I am also a PhD student, and over time I found that JotNot and ScannerPro were insufficient for my needs, so I purchased a ScanSnap scanner (I think it is now four years old, and according to the software, I have scanned 22,732 pages in the last five months, so I guess I am well over 200,000 pages in total). It was terribly expensive and I really was not sure if it was a good idea or not, but it turns out to have made a huge difference in my work. It just changed everything, and I was able to finally go completely paperless and have everything in my computer (or on the iPad) available for use. I cannot recommend it enough.

As a student, you probably also have access to a student discount version of Adobe Acrobat Pro. This means that you can OCR your documents, merge them, bookmark them, etc. with ease. I have it running in the background right now doing OCR on someone's dissertation from the 60s. I'd say that I pretty much have this running every day doing OCR for files. If you'd like to know more about OCR settings, see this note (https://www.evernote...ab85e8d1f58f252).

Anyhow, merging notes is one thing, but I think when you are handling a lot of PDFs, or doing a lot of scanning, then it is worthwhile to make an investment in more heavy-duty tools.

#15 Leah MacVie

Leah MacVie

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Thanks so much!

I am also a PhD student, and over time I found that JotNot and ScannerPro were insufficient for my needs, so I purchased a ScanSnap scanner (I think it is now four years old, and according to the software, I have scanned 22,732 pages in the last five months, so I guess I am well over 200,000 pages in total). It was terribly expensive and I really was not sure if it was a good idea or not, but it turns out to have made a huge difference in my work. It just changed everything, and I was able to finally go completely paperless and have everything in my computer (or on the iPad) available for use. I cannot recommend it enough.

As a student, you probably also have access to a student discount version of Adobe Acrobat Pro. This means that you can OCR your documents, merge them, bookmark them, etc. with ease. I have it running in the background right now doing OCR on someone's dissertation from the 60s. I'd say that I pretty much have this running every day doing OCR for files. If you'd like to know more about OCR settings, see this note (https://www.evernote...ab85e8d1f58f252).

Anyhow, merging notes is one thing, but I think when you are handling a lot of PDFs, or doing a lot of scanning, then it is worthwhile to make an investment in more heavy-duty tools.

Thanks GrumpyMonkey. I will look into ScanSnap and yep, I have access to OCR, but I keep all of those files virtual and packed in a Google docs area and simply reference them. I haven't gotten to the point when I need things OCR'd, but I work at a college in IT so that will be no problem if I need the technology one day. Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: review, moveever, ios, ipad, iphone, batch edit multiple notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote