Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Deleting Tags

evernote; tags; delete expunge

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Claudia

Claudia

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to delete tags from a web application integrated with Evernote. I know that noteStore.expunge_tag throws a PERMISSION_DENIED exception and that Evernote doesn't give permission to permanently delete something, but I was hoping that there is another way to delete the tags (like the delete_note which moves the notes into the trash folder).

Thanks

#2 Julien Boedec

Julien Boedec

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Unfortunately no, there isn't a way to not delete permanently a tag, we do not have a function to put a tag in the trash (like we have for notes).

#3 Claudia

Claudia

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

Is there any chance that any future Evernote API versions will contain such a feature?

#4 Stphn

Stphn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

What is the eta of this functionality? In terms of organization and functionality I think this should be pretty high on the list of roll outs. I noticed no one responded to the above question and it's been a few weeks.

Thanks -

#5 joerun

joerun

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

I am using Evernote SDK for iphone. Now I am trying to create a new tag and need to assign it to a note. For that, I am setting,

'name' attribute (Name of the tag)
'parentGuid' attribute (guid of the note which i am going to assign to this tag)

When I tried to call 'createTag', Tag was not created. it responded as 'com.evernote.sdk error 1'

Then I tried to call 'createTag' without setting 'parentGuid' attribute, which successfully creates the tag.

Why it is not working? Is there any other way to assign a tag to a note? Pls help.

UPDATE:

I find the answer to my question. To assign a tag to note, need to set

'note.tagGuids' (while creating note),

where 'tagGuids' is the array of tag guids. This assigns the tag to the note.

Still have a doubt; what is the use of 'ParentGuid'?

-
Thanks

#6 WiesnerPeter

WiesnerPeter

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hi!

parentGuid helps you to organise your tag in hierarchy!

parentGuid

If this is set, then this is the GUID of the tag that holds this tag within the tag organizational hierarchy. If this is not set, then the tag has no parent and it is a "top level" tag. Cycles are not allowed (e.g. a->parent->parent == a) and will be rejected by the service. 

Length: EDAM_GUID_LEN_MIN - EDAM_GUID_LEN_MAX 

Regex: EDAM_GUID_REGEX

From here:http://dev.evernote....html#Struct_Tag

Sincerly,

Peter Wiesner

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: evernote; tags;, delete, expunge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote