Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Here is a .NET OAuth assembly

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 phils

phils

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Here's a .NET assembly I wrote that you can use in your .NET Windows apps to accomplish Evernote OAuth authentication. It also includes a C# sample illustrating how to use the assembly.

It's pretty new, so if if you encounter any issues with it, please let me know.
Phil Seeman,
More Productive Now

#2 Alex Chen

Alex Chen

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Could you add oauth support for YXBJ service, the Evernote service for China ?

Maybe you can find more information about YXBJ service from http://dev.evernote..../bootstrap.php.

#3 jpk

jpk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Thanks, really useful for me if I just get it working. sandbox works, but when I try the production by:

EvernoteOAuth oauth = new EvernoteOAuth(EvernoteOAuth.HostService.Production, myConsumerKey, myConsumerSecret);

I get an error:

"(401) unauthorized"

I have basic access permissions. Is this the problem? In need full access? But I am only signing in so I would think I do not need full access.

#4 phils

phils

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Alex,

I'll look into adding support for the Evernote China service, thanks for the suggestion.

Juha,

Not sure exactly what the issue might be.  Have you definitely changed your key parameters to be your Production keys, and had Evernote developer support activate your Production keys?

Phil Seeman,
More Productive Now

#5 Laurent Sarrazin

Laurent Sarrazin

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Developer Evangelist
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

Request a key activation : http://dev.evernote.com/start/

#6 jpk

jpk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Thanks Laurent and Phil. Looks like I did not read the Key page properly - it must be activated. I will update how it goes once I get the permission. Excited...We are programming a helper program for Evernote. Once it gets a bit better I will let you+others know about it (if its ok to advertise/mention it...I ll ask about it later.). :).

update: now got permission (after 5 hours). Works now.

Does this work on Visual Studio 2008 also? I can not get it work there, it seems to give a warning when I add the dll file. But its not a major problem as am sure I can get 2010 as well, but would be good if it worked on 2008 as well.

#7 Laurent Sarrazin

Laurent Sarrazin

• 339 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

Great !

As long as it's evernote-related you're free to promote your app here. 

Laurent

#8 Basco

Basco

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for this great codes.
I would like to know if it is possible for the browser to store the user settings after exiting the application just like Dropbox. I notice that its only keep the information once the apps is on.  

#9 Basco

Basco

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

By settings I mean user name and password (like a remember me option)

#10 Kritzie

Kritzie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'm still a bit confused. My API key is activated on the Evernote production servers. Where do I get the consumer key and consumer secret? And how do I get access to a specific user's account?

#11 Laurent Sarrazin

Laurent Sarrazin

• 339 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi,

Your consumer key and secret are given to you when you request your API key. So you should have received it by email.

If you just want to access your account, you can get a dev token here.

Otherwise you'll have to implement the oauth process in your application to allow your users to authorize your app to acces their evernote account.

Does it answer your questions ? 

Laurent

#12 Kritzie

Kritzie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Thanks Laurent! It works now. Should I save the oauth token that I receive locally so that I don't have to go through this process every time?

#13 Laurent Sarrazin

Laurent Sarrazin

• 339 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

You definitely should !

#14 necsus

necsus

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Thank you for this great DLL. It makes it simple to authorize my App to Evernote :-)

The DLL worked fine, but now the user get's redirected to LinkedIn after authorizing my App???

Evernote sends a mail to me to confirm the connection to my App, so this part is still working.

Some idea what's going wrong?

Claudius

#15 Nicholas

Nicholas

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

I'm having the same issue as Claudius, is there any correction or anything else I can do?

#16 Marc M

Marc M

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

I'm actually trying to use a 3rd party application and I'm getting the same result with the redirection to linkedin.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote