Evernote doesn't sync on Samsung Galaxy S2

Hi :)

I'm very happy with Evernote, it's like an external memory for me!

But today I found out that the app on my Android doesn't sync anymore since 7 October 2012.

It stops at 75% downloading the headers and than says that sync has failed.

I would rather not logout and login again or remove the app and reinstall it because I will lose all the notes that are not yet synced since 7 October.

Is there a way to find out what is going on or to backup the database on my phone before troubleshooting so that I won't lose any data?

With kind regards,

Ricky

In my case, Evernote isn't installed on my SD card. So that shouldn't be the problem. I'm really hoping that I don't need to uninstall and reinstall Evernote. Do you also have data on your phone that hasn't been synced yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I just recently installed and was doing some testing AND found the same problem as all of you have and had nothing to lose -- I uninstalled Evernote on my Droid and re-installed. No help. Still get the vague "sync failed" error.

It seems to find my notebooks, but then fails. I'm going to look for "untitled notes" as I've seen referenced in other topics along this line.

SuzeVich

Same for me. After emailing customer support and receiving a generic and unhelpful email response, and using the chat function to chat live and send a log to a customer service rep (who said she'd have to pass it on to tech support), I found your thread and did what you did. I emptied the Evernote trash on my Mac client app, and now the Android Evernote app on my Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx is syncing just fine! Thanks! :)

I permenently deleted the notes from my trash can on my iPad copy of Evernote and that seems to have done the trick.

Same for me. After emailing customer support and receiving a generic and unhelpful email response, and using the chat function to chat live and send a log to a customer service rep (who said she'd have to pass it on to tech support), I found your thread and did what you did. I emptied the Evernote trash on my Mac client app, and now the Android Evernote app on my Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx is syncing just fine! Thanks! :)

Both my wife and I have the Samsung Epic 4g Touch (Galaxy S2) and were getting a "last sync failed" error on both our android evernote apps. So anyways, we also both use the evernote windows client and had notes in the evernote app trash bin. However, after emptying the trash and forcing a sync on the evernote desktop app, the android evernote app was able to sync again.

So the issue is somehow related to the evernote desktop app, not only on the Mac (as SuzeVich and docgotham noted), but also on the windows evernote client as well.

thank you for posting the fix

Miguel

I permenently deleted the notes from my trash can on my iPad copy of Evernote and that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks SO MUCH for this idea! Worked for me too. The non-sync was making me insane. Deleted the 57 notes in my PC Desktop client and all worked.

Not to sound like an idiot, but I probably am.. Where is the trash bin in the Windows Desktop version of Evernote? (Assuming this isn't the actual recycle bin found on the desktop.) I am getting the "sync fail" message on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus tablet. (Although not on my HTC One phone.)

Edited to add: Right. Search first, ask questions later. :) I didn't have the left panel displayed. :rolleyes:

Yay! All is right in "Evernote Land" again.

• 3 months later...

So i was having this problem as well where my phone would not sync with my online evernote. I checked my sync settings and all I had to do was uncheck "sync data only when connected to Wi-Fi". Right after I unchecked it, and pressed sync it immediately started syncing. Hope this helps!! :) God bless! 

• 1 year later...

Archived