Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Adding a Hello contact in hindsight (weeks after your meeting)...

hello

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rzm83

rzm83

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

I tried to start using Hello to add contacts I'd met in the last 4 weeks (I have a stack of business cards I want to keep track of and then start using hello instead going forward).

However, I'm not able to edit the location of where we've met. When I tried, it got put in as another "Encounter", and I couldn't delete this supposed 2nd encounter.

So here are my questions:

1) Is it possible to delete an encounter you've input by accident?

2) Is it possible to manually edit location/date when you first input the contact?

Thanks!

#2 Murk

Murk

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

I've been trying to do exactly that - there is a location in there by default set to lat/lon 0/0... i.e. in the east atlantic off the coast of Africa. It's a real annoyance!

For deleting accidental encounter (sounds shifty), I had to resort to deleting the note in the evernote app itself!

#3 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 378 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Sorry you're having problems with our interface.

Take a look at the following.

How to delete encounters (Both platforms):
https://www.evernote...16a77f6da8883d6

How to set time, date & location (Android):
https://www.evernote...bf14a890ffa2d56

Hope this helps.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#4 Lueders

Lueders

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

I also don't understand how to add multiple contacts to a single encounter. If you have a meeting you can add invitees, but if they aren't in the calendar invite I don't know how this would work.

#5 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 378 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hi Lueders,

The general philosophy of Hello is to do as much work for you automatically so that you can focus on the people and not the app. When meeting people that aren't scheduled, we use a general heuristic that assumes that anyone you meet within 15mins of each other are probably at the same event or the same meeting and we tie them together as Related People.

You can give this a try by adding 2 people manually via the Do It Yourself path or scanning 2 business cards. Each person will have their own profile but in the Contact Overview page you will see everyone you've met with this person around the same time regardless of the meeting. This helps you quickly answer the question "I remember meeting this person with X but can't remember anything about them ..."

For a particular meeting, we do the same but at the meeting level but limit the group of people by the same location. So if you tap on a meeting you will also see Related People specific to that time and place. I've included a few screen shots to illustrate. Hope this helps.

https://www.evernote...3faaeb9db2d3bd3

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote