We're very pleased to give you a first preview of Skitch for Windows now integrated with Evernote. Skitch will work as a standalone application or hand-in-hand with Evernote starting with the latest Evernote beta (v. 4.5.9 RC).
If you're unfamiliar with Skitch, here's what you need to know:
- Skitch is designed to make communication clear, fast and enjoyable.
- Skitch lets you annotate an photo or screenshot quickly with text, arrows, lines, and other shapes.
- Skitch also has an awesome pixelate tool that can permanently obscure a portion of an image - this is great for sending a screenshot by quickly removing email addresses.
- Skitch has acool little Drag Me tab at the bottom that makes it easy to drag an image and drop it into another application like email. Copy (Control-C) will also put the Skitch image on the clipboard
- Skitch Notes are portable, if you create one on your iPhone and open it on Windows, you can edit the whole image, move arrows, crop, the works!
- Download and install Skitch for Windows here: http://s.evernote.com/skitchwin32beta
- Upgrade Evernote to the latest RC version http://evernote.s3.a..._184.108.40.20607.exe
In Evernote you'll see a new New Skitch Note option under the New Note split button. This will kick off the screenshot tool and then open Skitch for markup.
Skitch Notes created in Skitch on Windows, Mac or iOS will have a special header within the note in Evernote. You can click the pencil icon to edit the Skitch which will launch Skitch. Hitting "Use" will save the modifications back to Evernote.
Here's what we need from you:
- First, please don't publicly post information about Skitch for Windows. We've still got more improvements to make, but wanted to get your feedback before we tell the world about it.
- Second, this is a beta so there's going to be bugs. Don't create your PhD thesis in Skitch in the next couple weeks.
- Let us know what works well and what's problematic. We really want to make Skitch on Windows awesome. When you encounter problems, please let us know what OS you're using (XP, Win7, Vista, etc.)
- Multi-monitor support could be better
- Some problems with image crop and resize