(Archived) Web clipper not working in Chrome

fee

Hello

I know there have been other posts about this - but the advice is to update Chrome. The problem is that I can't, I'm stuck with the version mandated by my (very cautious) employer. As with others I click the icon, and get the web clipper graphic and nothing else.

I'm running Windows 7 and using Chrome v 15.0.874.121.

Please help - I really need my web clipper....!

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fee,

You need to update Chrome to a newer version, that should take care of your problems. Chrome changed some components when they hit Chrome 21 and we cannot make it backwards compatible for such an 'old' version as Chrome 15.

• 3 months later...

Hi fee,

You need to update Chrome to a newer version, that should take care of your problems. Chrome changed some components when they hit Chrome 21 and we cannot make it backwards compatible for such an 'old' version as Chrome 15.

I am having a similar problem, though I am on the newest version of Chrome stable (Version 24.0.1312.56 m). The web clipper works if I clip to the web client, but not if I clip to the desktop client. I have a premium account and am running the latest version of the desktop client as of today on a WinXP SP3 Lenovo T500.

Thank you for getting back to me. I think I misunderstood what Chrome Clipper would do. Correct me if I am wrong, but when I am using Firefox, the clips appear immediately in the desktop client. I thought that this would happen in Chrome as well. As you say, the clips went to the web app and then appeared in the desktop app at the next sync.

Archived