Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Evernote iPhone app problem

iphone5 evernote problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chariklo

Chariklo

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

On my iphone5, when I open my Evernote app today, I get a message saying that the Evernote server may not be the real Evernote server but a pretend one. I went ahead and created a note anyway, but that note isn't visible on the web nor on my iPad. However, a note created on the web is shared with the app on the iPad, and not on my iPhone. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? What can I do? Previously, the app on the iPhone worked fine and synced immediately.

#2 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,215 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi. Welcome to the forums. I would contact customer support about this. I haven't seen anything like it before.

#3 Chariklo

Chariklo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hi, GrumpyMonkey, and many thanks for your welcome. :)

After much exploring of online help and support, I decided that the problem might lie with the iPhone, and maybe too with my technical inexpertise. Sure enough, once I'd learned how to do a hard reboot for my iPhone, and done it, the problem was solved.

So, general rule of thumb, any problem with misbehaving apps on the iPhone, Hard Reboot is a good thing to try.

Evernote is now restored, syncing beautifully, and all is well. Thanks!

#4 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,215 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hi, GrumpyMonkey, and many thanks for your welcome. :)

After much exploring of online help and support, I decided that the problem might lie with the iPhone, and maybe too with my technical inexpertise. Sure enough, once I'd learned how to do a hard reboot for my iPhone, and done it, the problem was solved.

So, general rule of thumb, any problem with misbehaving apps on the iPhone, Hard Reboot is a good thing to try.

Evernote is now restored, syncing beautifully, and all is well. Thanks!

Glad to hear that it worked out. To be honest, I hadn't even thought about doing that. Thanks for the good advice!

#5 k6ef

k6ef

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

This to me sounds like a Man in the Middle attack. In general, if you care about the content of your notes and you get an error like this, don't send the note. It might be going somewhere you didn't intend for it to go.

#6 Chariklo

Chariklo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thanks, k6ef. I still have a lot to learn about Evernote, and the iPhone too. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOS, iphone5, evernote, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote