Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Help: EN clipper does not clip full page

Other looking for help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 liangxu

liangxu

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

I am a fresh user of Evernote.
I just renewed my Firefox and installed the Evernote webclip. I suppose them to be the latest version.
Why I just got the web address when I cliped the full page of a opened a page of pdf web version in the google scholar?
Can Evernote get the full article of pdf version? Please help me?
:unsure:

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi - welcome to the forum.
The web clipper will copy the web page that you are seeing in the browser, but will not include things linked from that page like PDF files opened in the browser, or Flash videos running in their own window.
Use the clipper to copy the page before you open the PDF link, otherwise use "Save File As" on the web page link to copy the PDF file to your desktop.
You can then attach the file to your web-page note, or make a new note with that file.
It's also possible to download online files via mobile browsers to include them in your notes.

Hope that helps.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Other, looking for help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote