Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

iPad Note Will Not Sync

evernote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 edbro

edbro

• PipPip
  • Title: Alliance Lackey
  • Group: Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

I have a shopping list note that I continually update and sync. For some reason the note will not update on the iPad after I make changes to it on the web version. I have tried clearing the cache and even rebooting the device but the note still looks like a old version of itself. I know the device is syncing as another new note I added from the desktop version got added to the iPad. Also, the time stamp on the note shows the correct update time. The same note is properly showing on the web, my desktop, and my android phone. Just not the iPad.

Note on Web:
Posted Image

Same note on iPad:
Posted Image

#2 edbro

edbro

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

I erased the note on the iPad and successfully synced the blank note. Then I recreated the note on my Android phone and synced it to the iPad. The old data came back from God knows where. So again I have different data for the same note.

#3 Mike Wood

Mike Wood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

I have had similar issues on occasion. Probably best to just uninstall and reinstall EN on the iPad.

#4 edbro

edbro

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

This doesn't give me a lot of confidence in my data.

#5 Mike Wood

Mike Wood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

To a certain extent its the state of the iPad app at present....(about 90% stable & rather last gen). These challenges often happen if you simply upgrade the app. So when an update comes out I uninstall and re-install.

If you are a premium user you can recover previous versions of notes which adds a lot of confidence.

#6 Markarian421

Markarian421

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

On my iPhone and iPad I can only get it to sync by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I noticed the same way you did -- I have a shopping list I update frequently and changes I made elsewhere quit showing up on my phone. I think iOS6 broke it, it was working fine a few weeks ago.

#7 solinote

solinote

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

I have the same problem on the iPhone 4S since I upgraded to iOS6.
When will Evernote address this ?
Seems to be associated with uploading a picture. After I reinstall the app it works fine until I try to sync a note with a picture in it.
HELP !

#8 Carsten Ulendorf

Carsten Ulendorf

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

At present .. almost February 2013 ... Evernote on iPad does still not update Pages documents.
And I do not want to hear about reinstalling. I am being asked to reinstall whenever I have a problem with EN ... in most cases it does not help.
I love EN, but there are too many malfunctions ... when it comes to iPad and iPhone anyway.

#9 carlager

carlager

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

Have the same problem with iPad not syncing. Will I loose data not synced if I delete and reinstall the app ?

#10 shepd1

shepd1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

I love Evernote, with now one GLARING exception:

Any note I take, on any device (iPad, Mac, iPhone) will be on the device I took the note with, but nowhere else.  I cannot seem to get this app to sync.

I DO get the note Subject line, which reminds me painfully of all the things I cannot see.  I am down to using the Notes app that comes standard with the Mac, because THAT app DOES sync.  

I take notes in meetings on my iPad...if I want those, I have to go to the iPad to get them.  They are nowhere else.

HELP!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote