Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Expense tracker

expense tracker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyK

JohnnyK

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hi Evernote Forum
What recommendations do we have for a (freebie) "expense tracker" for use with Evernote?

#2 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

1.) Scan the receipt
2.) Title, and add comments if needed
3.) Tag the note

#3 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi Evernote Forum
What recommendations do we have for a (freebie) "expense tracker" for use with Evernote?

Personally, I prefer to use the right tool for the task. You can store receipts in Evernote but IMO, it falls very short of a financial tool. (And that's ok, b/c it's not designed to be a financial tool.) So if you want to be able to quickly add receipts to get a total amount for an expense report or find out how much you spent on fancy coffees at various coffee shops last month, you will probably need to find something besides EN & any third party apps.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#4 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I use Evernote to store my monthly bills and statements,plus all the legalese on the back side..
I use NeatReceipts to store my less important thermal paper receipts that I get from suppliers (grocery, gas, etc.)
I use Mint.com to manage my spending and saving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote