(Archived) Templates for different pages/notes

Hi,

I'd really like to simplify my note-taking. As I attend various meeting and classes, I need on a number of occasions a specific set of section headers that I use, such as Topic, Attendees, Participants, Key Take Aways, Agenda, Objectives etc.

Is there a way for me to create a template (in Evernote, not outside) that will simplify my task?

Many thanks

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. There are no templates inside Evernote and no such function, though people have requested templates before.

Here is a link to my site with some templates to give you some color to play with. Basically, the idea is to create a few of these templates ahead of time, and when you need them, just change the title and get to work :)

http://www.princeton.edu/~cmayo/template.html

• 4 weeks later...

I've found Kustom Note to be slow and clunky compared to the direct entry of desktop Evernote. Sure, the notes aren't as pretty, but the time it takes to navigate through the Kustom Note system isn't time I've got to waste.

Perhaps the local version of the application they talk about will run at a tolerable speed.

• 2 weeks later...

My desktop clunker is 7 years old.

I have not seen any speed problem with KustomNote.

Every computer is different.

Now, KustomNote isn't for everyone as many pc's are different b/c of older components as well as inefficient drivers for newer pc's. One of the best things you can do to speed up your computer is to make sure you have enough bandwidth, i.e., fast internet that can handle your input. Also, make sure all of your drivers are up to date, clear your cache/cookies weekly, upgrade your memory (if an old computer check out local used computer shops for compatible memory sticks), make sure your operating system is updated and be sure that the operating system you have is right for the computer you have. For example, you really should not be running Windows Vista, 7 or the new 8 on a system designed for XP. Yes, you can install Win 7 on a computer meant to run XP but you shouldn’t as technology has come too far for you to put modern stuff on old equipment. I am suggesting what is best for better than average speed for a great, if not the best experience with Evernote.

You might also try any flavor of Linux operating systems especially on older computers. I have found that switching to Ubuntu, Fedora S.U.S.E or other Linux distribution can speed up an older computer, especially single core computers of the Pentium persuasion and the like, up to 10 times.

Summary:

1. Good bandwidth

2. Update Drivers

3. Clean cookies/cache

a.
Defragment your hard drive

4. Upgrade memory

5. Use operating system that suits your computer’s hardware the best

6. Upgrade to Linux for older computers to really speed up things especially with single core computers

Above all, have fun!

Sites to visit:

· Gizmo Richards Freeware for Windows, Linux and Mac www. http://www.techsupportalert.com/

· Filehippo www.filehippo.com where you can find many programs and their versions over the years to suit your needs.

• Level 5*
...mostly off-topic Linux blahblahblah,,,

*yawn* It's not necessary to proselytize Linux here. In fact, it's rather silly, given that Evernote does not provide a native client for Linux (though there is a third-party client available).

• Level 5*
*yawn...*****...yawn again* I am terribly sorry...I just got to writing and got out of line. :D

OK, fair enough -- like it's never happened to me before, too. :) I retract my crankiness. And I do sympathise with the cause to keep old computers working via Linux. But I'm just not sure that that's the problem here...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I can't find an email to contact KustomNote...

I can create a template on the website, but I cannot use it : I just can edit the template (even when I click on "Create Note" at the right of the screen).

Thanks,

Regards.

• Level 5*

Hi,

I can't find an email to contact KustomNote...

I can create a template on the website, but I cannot use it : I just can edit the template (even when I click on "Create Note" at the right of the screen).

Thanks,

Regards.

I don't know about the website contact, but the developer is a member of this forum. You can message him from his profile page.

http://discussion.evernote.com/user/96362-hussein/

I really wish they would add templates. I seem to recall in much earlier versions of Evernote they did have templates.

Most of my note taking at work is entering information from customer calls. It would be nice to have fields for NAME, COMPANY, PHONE, etc....

I used to have a template set up for that but it quit working a few years ago with one of the Evernote updates.

Archived