Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

How to delete Audio clip from a Note

evernote delete audio clip note

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sedwardgul

sedwardgul

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Hi All,
Hoping someone here can help. This is becoming a hair pulling exercise for a persumably simple task, I'm trying to remove\delete an Audio recording that I accidentally made while typing out text in a note.

Now, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove that audio clip. Have read a few topics on this forum but no help.

Tapping or holding the audio clip simply plays it. No option is given to delete\remove it from the Note. I can delete the whole note to the Trash but I don't want to do that, I just want to remove the little audio clip that is now stuck on the note.

Can anyone please provide some instructions on how to do this. See the picture attached of what the note looks like on the iPad.

thanks

Attached Files

#2 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Can't you just logon to the web or a desktop client and do it?

#3 sedwardgul

sedwardgul

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Thamks for the suggestion. Tried that as well from desktop client, can't right click on the audio clip to delete.

Besides, Why would you have go to another interface (web or desktop) Just to delete an item created on the iPad. Defeats the purpose of having mobile app thats designed for capturing and editing ideas on any platform.

There must be an easy /logical way of doing this. Hopefully someone with Evernote usage experience can suggest something.

Thanks

#4 Metrodon

Metrodon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Bankrobber
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Just put the cursor to the right of it and hit backspace. Just thought it would be easier on the web/desktop client as you are obviously finding it challenging on the ipad for some reason.

#5 sedwardgul

sedwardgul

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

thanks figured it out after posting the last time. If you had suggested that before, I would have tried it...

Surprising the simple solution hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the forums, where people have asked the same question ?

Generally the UI design in an iOS app is to long-press an item, especially an embedded one, to get a small pop up and then have the option to copy, paste, delete etc. Obvoiusly its different in Evernote.

Hopefully this post will be helpful to anyone else who has the same question and wondering how to delete an audio clip from a Note.

#6 sedwardgul

sedwardgul

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Just to add, looks like a number of people had to scratch their heads to figure out how to delete an audio clip from a note. so I'd say a UI design issue.

http://discussion.ev...clip-from-text/
http://discussion.ev...ing-audio-file/
http://discussion.ev...-to-text-notes/
http://discussion.ev...ith-text-in-it/

the last post is where I got my answer from.

#7 bpshand

bpshand

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm new to Evernote and I'm about to uninstall because I can seem to do a simple thing like deleting a damn note!

#8 Rshane

Rshane

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

this now appears to have been made simpler. open the note and then tap the pen symbol at the top of the window, tap the audio segment icon and a popup window will open with the option to remove the audio file.
xoom2 android.

#9 alimadee

alimadee

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

There is no pen symbol at the top of my page!

#10 alimadee

alimadee

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

In my voice memo function on my iPhone, there is an option to view all recorded notes in a list. There are two buttons at the bottom of the page; one says SHARE, the other says DELETE. Couldn't your developers add something like that? The audio option was one of the reasons I wanted Evernote.... :-(

#11 JayPerk

JayPerk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for asking the question. I have been trying to delete the "accidental audio" from my notes for some time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, evernote, delete audio clip note

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote