Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

✔ Changing password in Android

android android password password too hard too hard evernote evernote

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,765 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

Actually, it is possible in the Android client.

You need to update within Google Play to the version we released this morning to make it less painful though.

Hopefully whatever change happened for the release version will find its way to the 5.0.x betas... 

~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#22 ndaara

ndaara

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

I found out about this from friends who know I use Evernote for everything; no email, I don't do Twitter, and haven't been on facebook in a couple of days. Changed my password on the web, no problem. Changed it on my windows machines, no problem. Android devices refused to sync, and did not offer "authentication error" to allow a new password entry. They just informed me that "sync failed"... so in a fit of frustration I just logged out, even knowing that I have thousands of notes stored locally.... This is really frustrating =/ In the end my android tablet crashed. After a paperclip reset, I did receive the "authentication error" and was able to enter my new password easily - but that option was not available earlier, before I "logged out" and erased everything local.

Good thing this didn't happen a few weeks ago when I was out of town and using someone else's metered connection!

All this frustration is worthwhile if my data remains safe, and I do appreciate the quick response from the Evernote team. Just posting my experience.

#23 Cucumber

Cucumber

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Actually, it is possible in the Android client.

You need to update within Google Play to the version we released this morning to make it less painful though.

What a simple problem but solved so late. I am lucky enough to know the android/password problem and its solution in one day.

Thanks.

** I updated the android client and the process of changing password is wierd. I need to log in the web and then to the android program. It worked. There is still no "change password" button in the android client.

#24 Affiliatenote_test

Affiliatenote_test

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

you could do that...  but if you do as above, you won't lose your changes, or have to re-download everything...

["now you tell me" ;-]

Turvalar, I am using Android 4.1 and EN 4.5.4 but it appears that a failed sync in the app does not produce a notification in the Android notifications drop down. Are you using the same versions? Am I possibly missing something? I have not yet reset my pass in order to avoid logging out my mobile session and losing unsync'd notes. Was originally thinking I'd need to find a way to export and reimport them but perhaps there are other workarounds to update the pass without losing the mobile session?

#25 Affiliatenote_test

Affiliatenote_test

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Turvalar, I am using Android 4.1 and EN 4.5.4 but it appears that a failed sync in the app does not produce a notification in the Android notifications drop down. 

Ah, nothing says "I need more patience" like quoting and replying to your own posts =) This was resolved for me by upgrading my app to 4.5.6.1 - after doing so the steps Turvalar presented were valid. Here's how it went down for me:

1. With my session still open on the mobile device, I installed the latest version from the Play store (for me, 4.5.6.1). 

2. This automatically restarted the app, and when it did, the prompt for email password change came up.

3. I did this (in the mobile browser, for me Chrome Mobile) through my email account.

4. On returning to the app, it attempted to sync and I did in fact get the Android notification in the drop down that sync failed.

5. Tapping this notification prompted for the new password I issued through step 3. 

6. App began sync and complete successfully. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Android, Android, android, android, password, password, too hard, too hard, evernote, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote