Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Evernote nothing but problems

Web evernote

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SlimShavings

SlimShavings

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

With evernote decision to become all things to all people it has become nothing but hours of time to keep it working. I'm wondering how that is saving me time.
The latest is the clipper. Not sure how many there are for one browser and computer but there seems to be a bunch. right now 5.1.0.2? the latest wont work on my R52 2.5 G Win7 FF15 Flash 11.4 laptop.

As and example these are contiunousl popping up

script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://www.evernote...ac3a54bb10:7153

Script: https://www.evernote...0800c40ded:6311

There is another one i haven't captured which involves 6611 as the last numbers

This was a product that when I first got it was bullet proof and a joy to use

#2 SlimShavings

SlimShavings

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Just caught it

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://www.evernote...ome.action:6161

Also why is it despite having Evernote web open and evernote desktop open you have to log inot clipper every time. A problem on another laptop of the same i have

I don't have a clue why the fonts changed after psoting s they are fine now

#3 SlimShavings

SlimShavings

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://www.evernote...ome.action:3359

#4 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,585 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

With evernote decision to become all things to all people it has become nothing but hours of time to keep it working.

Have you submitted your problem to Evernote's customer support?

#5 SlimShavings

SlimShavings

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Script: https://www.evernote...ome.action:3386

#6 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

@SlimShavings: The links that you are posting don't go anywhere (they generate 404 errors when I look at them). I think that you can stop posting them. And JB's question remains: "Have you submitted your problem to Evernote's customer support?"
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#7 SlimShavings

SlimShavings

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

AS a matter of fact i did submit. was then told they need more information than there own error messages but they did not say what. Herei s the latest

Script: https://www.evernote...ome.action:6598

script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://www.evernote...ome.action:7320

#8 SlimShavings

SlimShavings

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

@SlimShavings: The links that you are posting don't go anywhere (they generate 404 errors when I look at them). I think that you can stop posting them. And JB's question remains: "Have you submitted your problem to Evernote's customer support?"

THey are not links. I have no idea why they come up that way. Part of the reason for the post. They are error messages given to me by evernote. I am not software debugger. I must assume that people at evernote know what their error messages mean. That is why i provide them

#9 jefito

jefito

• Title: Evangelist / Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,749 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

THey are not links. I have no idea why they come up that way. Part of the reason for the post. They are error messages given to me by evernote. I am not software debugger. I must assume that people at evernote know what their error messages mean. That is why i provide them

Script: https://www.evernote...ome.action:7320

This is a link. If I click on it, I get a 404 error page. Posting more of them, probably won't help you much.

"Script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete."

This is an error message that is almost certainly generated by your browser, not by Evernote (though it might be due to running Evernote's web client, granted).

Did you get a reply for your support inquiry?
~Jeff
EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests | Best Practices for submitting a support request
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#10 jbenson2

jbenson2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: User # 142,683
  • 5,585 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

AS a matter of fact i did submit. was then told they need more information than there own error messages but they did not say what.

If you do not understand their response or need more support then you should send them additional information or questions.

#11 dlu

dlu

• Title: Evernote Employee
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

I'm assuming this is on FireFox?
If you have a serious issue with Evernote, you can submit a support request here. Evernote employees read the forums, but it is not run by customer support or a way to directly get customer support.

Check out our Knowledgebase.
View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows
Check out the Getting Started Guide
Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#12 SlimShavings

SlimShavings

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

YEs it is FF as stated. i upgraded to 15.1 tonight with no difference

My response to support

"The error are generated randomly as long as evernote is open in a browser tab. And always when you click on it to try and use it. You can be in another tab and get the error and it freezes the browser. From what i can find and as i said i am no software debugger something is not preforming fast enough or not given enough time. I've updated to FF 15.1 and the problem persist. it has been going on for many weeks even before the upgrades to FF.

Additional despite having Evernote open in the tray and in the browser every time i want to clip something it ask me to log in. Completely annoying"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Web, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote