Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Intent to append to or edit a specific note

evernote intent append

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 easilydistracted

easilydistracted

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Is there an Android Intent that can edit a specific note by specifying the GUID? Something like:

com.evernote.action.EDIT_NOTE

Ideally I'd like to be able to append information to a note so if there were a specific way to do that I'd be interested but just being able pass an intent that would open up the edit note screen of a specific note would work as well.

#2 TylerSmithNet

TylerSmithNet

• Group: Evernote Employee
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hi Easilydistracted.

I just made this intent public for the 4.2.1 release coming out in a couple days. It is com.evernote.action.EDIT_NOTE with a passed in "GUID" string extra and an optional "LINKED_NB" string extra. Let me know if you have any problems with it after the drop.

Thanks,
Ty Smith
Senior Software Engineer (Android Team)

#3 easilydistracted

easilydistracted

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi Easilydistracted.

I just made this intent public for the 4.2.1 release coming out in a couple days. It is com.evernote.action.EDIT_NOTE with a passed in "GUID" string extra and an optional "LINKED_NB" string extra. Let me know if you have any problems with it after the drop.

Thanks,
Ty Smith
Senior Software Engineer (Android Team)

Hi Ty,

Thanks! Can you tell me how the GUID should be passed? For example if I make a Tasker task to invoke this new intent I'm given 4 fields: Action, Category, Data & Target. I believe the GUID would be passed in the Data field but I'm not clear on how it would be formatted. Is this the correct way:

Action: com.evernote.action.EDIT_NOTE

Category: Default

Data: 59fa4862-64db-44a1-ac0a-057d213a221e

Target: Activity

Or does the GUID need to be formatted as some kind of URI? If so can you show me the format/syntax?

#4 easilydistracted

easilydistracted

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I believe it does need to be passed in a URI. Can you tell me how to format the GUID URI?

#5 easilydistracted

easilydistracted

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

Bump

#6 Shankar

Shankar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

is there any other new intents going to be public ?
I am looking for a search intent it takes a query word and return me a list of guid's it has a given search token

Thanks.

#7 jeggen

jeggen

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Is there any public documentation of this API available? I don't see it on the Android Intent documentation.
http://dev.evernote....ers/Android.php

#8 Julien Boedec

Julien Boedec

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

@jeggen We are working on updating that specific documentation, it should be available in the next couple of weeks.

#9 easilydistracted

easilydistracted

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Hello, is this thing on?

#10 jeggen

jeggen

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

@jeggen We are working on updating that specific documentation, it should be available in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks. I'm not a developer but pointed this out to one but they don't want to implement it until it's officially a part of the documented lists of intents. So the sooner it's on there the better for me!

#11 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,153 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hello, is this thing on?

I guess you missed the post (by an EN employee, no less) directly above yours, dated the day before...

I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#12 jeggen

jeggen

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Wanted to check in on this. It has been almost two months since these intents were included in the Android app and I still don't see any documentation on how to use these updated Android intents. Are they located somewhere other than here - http://dev.evernote....ers/Android.php

#13 jeggen

jeggen

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Anyone?

#14 rustikus

rustikus

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi, I would really appreciate if you would make the documentation and the API available. This is a very important activity to make the use of Evernote even more productive.

Thanks!

#15 phanmo

phanmo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Still no progress on this? This would be incredibly useful!

#16 StanHertz

StanHertz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi,

Any updates on this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, evernote, intent, append

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote