Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Cannot open documents in Evernote

iOS evernote

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 olbander

olbander

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Some documents that I have received as e-mail attachments cannot be opened in Evernote, the option is not there in the pull down menu.
Can anybody outthere help?

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

What client are you using? In general, when trying to open attachments, you need to make sure the computer/device you're trying to open them on has an app that is capable of opening that file type.

Moving this to a more appropriate section from the forum feedback section.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 olbander

olbander

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

OK- which section did you move it to?

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

OK- which section did you move it to?

Since I moved the thread (EN general discussion - since you never mentioned your OS), you can post in this thread.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#5 olbander

olbander

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

OK - thanks...
My client is an iPad, latest model, newest OS...

#6 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,197 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

OK - thanks...
My client is an iPad, latest model, newest OS...

Oh. The iPad can be a tricky beast. Please tell us what kind of file attachment was sent. I will give it a try on my end. Images, for instance, work just fine for me.

#7 olbander

olbander

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for replying....
Docx. The 'open in...' does not have Evernote in the pull down menu.

#8 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,197 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for replying....
Docx. The 'open in...' does not have Evernote in the pull down menu.

I cannot access my account on the iPad at the moment, so I cannot check, but that sounds odd to me. Evernote ought to be opening the file in the iPad's native viewer. And, from there you can use the "open in" icon to choose an app. This is my meat memory, so not to be trusted 100%, but this is what I would expect to happen.

The problem, of course, is the Microsoft does not have an app for the iPad, so you will have to download something that can work with the document. Pages, for example, will open it by converting it to the Pages format. Other apps will open Word documents. However, if you have nothing that will open it on the iPad, then naturally, nothing will appear in the dropdown box (besides Evernote).

Can you get to the native viewer (a page that shows you the content of the file)?

#9 olbander

olbander

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hi Grumpy Monkey...
Thank you for replying.... But this is a non-problem. Cannot repeat the case today. I guess my iPad (or I) had a bad day.

#10 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• 10,197 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

Hi Grumpy Monkey...
Thank you for replying.... But this is a non-problem. Cannot repeat the case today. I guess my iPad (or I) had a bad day.

Glad I could help... or did I? Anyhow, keep an eye on it, and if you experience the problem again, try to get a screenshot (home + power) and let us know. Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOS, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote