Importing a list from CSV file

OldGrantonian

• 1 month later...

Hello;

I have decided to switch from Toodledo to Evernote,but I have a rather large problem.

I have hundreds of notes in my Toodledo notebook and I want to import them into my evernote notebook.

Toodledo has an export option which exports notes in csv format, but I couldn't find any way to import this csv file into evernote.

please help me in this situation as my notes in Toodledo are very important and critical for me.

Regards;

Shahram

• Level 5*

The answer that BurgersNFries gave still holds: Evernote isn't able to import CSV format, at least directly. A third-party application might not be hard to make, as CSV is not hard to parse; a converter to .enex files (Evernote format) seems feasible.

~Jeff

• 4 weeks later...

A good intermediary would be a tool that converts CSV to HTML (tables). You might be able to import that directly. Tables definitely ARE supported - with some restrictions on tag case etc. If you can't import it directly someone could wrap the HTML to produce a .enex file.

Just a thought.

Martin

FWIW, 55 lines of Python code (half of which was boilerplate strings and quite a bit more was comments and whitespace) got me a .enex built with an HTML table populated from CSV.

I suspect the actual requirement is 1 note per CSV row. (I didn't build that as my need is 1 table, if anything.)

So, I conclude it's easy to take a CSV and turn it into whatever kind of .enex file you want (and use ENScript to import it).

Sadly, I can't share my code - as it would mean jumping through a lot of hoops with my employeer. I just wanted to see if it could be done. And Python's CSV handling made it easy.

Martin

Hi Martin,

thank you for your idea with Python.

I've got a super fast answer from Evernote Support how to create some Excel macros to create Evernote compatible files.

I will try it tomorrow and if I get the permission I will post it here in the forum.

Regards, Carsten

@klem67 Despite being an OpenOffice,org user I've never written any OO.o macros but I would observe that this looks like particularly simple logic that could be adapted - so long as there's a function to write to a file.

(If I had time and energy now - being 8 hours west of home - I'd try it myself. As I'm not far south of Evernote HQ perhaps I should go visit them.) :-)

Martin

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I emailed Evernote Support and with their method all my information is in the body of the new notes. I can't specify tags, created date or title. I would really appreciate it if anyone has any insight.

They sent me the following:

"Advanced" method for CSV Importing

This script is provided as-is, with no additional support. Feel free to login and post to the Evernote Forum at http://forum.evernote.com should you require further assistance in customization.

In Excel, create the following Macro (you will need to turn on the Developer tab - search Google for information on how to do that):

Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim iRow As Long Close #1 With ActiveSheet For iRow = 1 To .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Open "c:\my documents\excel\test\" & iRow & ".txt" For Output As #1 Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "A").Value Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "B").Value Close #1 Next iRow End With End Sub

Change the filepath to a real one on your computer - best make it a new directory or you'll have 3000 files sitting somewhere you don't want them to be.

If you want all of the columns (or some of them) in a row to appear on the same line, you can rewrite it to be like this:

Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "A").Value & .Cells(iRow, "B").Value If you have 20 columns, just keep adding another "Print" line per Column letter, like: Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "C").Value Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "D").Value Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "E").Value Or, you can get fancy, if they all have the same header info format, and make them html, like: Close #1 With ActiveSheet For iRow = 2 To .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Open "c:\my documents\excel\test\" & iRow & ".html" For Output As #1 Print #1, "<html> <head> " Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "B").Value & "<br /><br />Link : <a href=""" Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "D").Value Print #1, """>" Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "C").Value Print #1, " </a> <br/> <br /> <br /> " Print #1, .Cells(iRow, "E").Value Print #1, "" Close #1 Next iRow End With End Sub

(You'll need to alter this one based on your content - if you don't have a Source URL, you wouldn't need to create a hyperlink, for example.)

You can then go to Tools->Folder Import (Windows) to point to the directory of the files (after they've been created) or you can simply drag the folder of files (Mac) onto a Notebook Name in the left-hand Notebook pane, and Evernote will pick them up to import them as individual notes.

Here is a sample file that includes the Macro to help you get started.

More Advanced: You can also choose to export an existing note to .enex format, and examine the format of the file, then alter this macro to output individual .enex files. If you do that, you can use the Evernote File->Import for Evernote files.

Alternately, you can attempt to use the following script created by one of our users:

http://markstout.blogspot.com/2009/08/scripting-evernote-in-windows.html

Hope this helps!

Big Thanks,

Pavel

There is no way to specify tags or alter the created date when using import folders or when dragging files into EN. However, you can specify what notebook each import folder should send the file(s) to. When using an import folder, the note title is defaulted to the file name. If you need more info on import folders, please search the board.

If you choose to use the enex method, I think tags are assigned upon import, if you've assigned them to each note in the enex file.

• 2 months later...

Today I threw down for an annual subscription upgrade after being extremely impressed with Evernote. Unfortunately I did this before I learned there is currently no way to import the four years worth of notes I have created in Notespark. This is a HUGE disappointment. I never suspected this would be an issue.

I really hope there are plans to address this issue. If not, I'll be cancelling the subscription because there is no way I have time to use two note programs, even if I am just using one for search purposes. PLEASE someone tell me this is going to happen soon...

thanks,

- r

Thanks, Heather. However I did contact customer support yesterday and was told it isn't possible to do it, and that I should just import it as a .pdf. Importing four years worth of notes as a .pdf isn't a viable option. If there is a particular person I can contact that would be much more helpful...

There are a few ways out there to import from .csv into Evernote. Contact Support via my signature and we'll help you out.

Can you post your ticket number? I'll direct it for you and make sure the agent who told you it wasn't possible is flogged accordingly.

Aww, I don't want to get them in trouble, I just want a solution :) I actually just submitted a new regular ticket about two minutes ago... # 16051-73460 Thanks Heather!

It's true!! I'm very pleased with the outcome. Thanks to Heather and Allan who really went above and beyond to help me!

And I agree with Mr. GrumpyMonkey, it seems like something that would be useful for others in the knowledge base, yes?

Three cheers for Evernote's awesome customer service team!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I also need to import from notespark. I am really surprised there isn't a csv import. It seems so basic, I had assumed it was there. I appreciate that we can get help from support but most of us would perfer to do it oursleves. Is there a way? Can nyone that has gone through it give us the steps?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Being new to Evernote, I'm just trying to get my data back from various other applications into it. All I have is CSV files, resulting from exporting out of Notepad or Upvise, for example. The most important in the first place is importing my to-do lists but I couldn't find any function to perform this: can anyone supply the procedure for importing a list into Evernote?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Level 5*

You'd need to convert the CSV into something that Evernote can use, like, say, HTML with tables. Try googling for "csv to html table", there appear to be tools out there to do it.

OK, will try this! Anyway, CSV is kind of universal file format, would be good to be able to import directly CSV file... Missing feature?

Thanks again for your help!

I'm sure there's a valid reason EN does not import from any file format other than HTML.

Additionally, if you can export/parse each note to a txt/ASCII file (one file per note), you can use an import folder to automatically pull in the txt files. One file = one note. You can search the board on import folder, should you want more info.

@EICroco a few questions:

How many columns/fields has your CSV got? and number of rows?

Could you post an example of one of your notes in CSV format (one row).

Are there any attachments does the CSV contain file paths to these?

One option might be to import it into excel/word and then create a mail merge to a PDF writer (configured to produce a file per row)

Hi Mike,

The file structure is really straightforward: 6 columns x 25 lines, raw text only, no attachement. Here's an example (EDIT: seems the format is corrupted when copy/paste from the HTML file, I then remove the HTML code and give the original CSV file content):

Title,Quantity,Unit,Price,Description,Category

Tube acier D40 interne,1,,,,Quincaillerie

Gravier,2,tonne,,,Matériaux

Travertin,2,,,"250 x 950 + 510 x 1415

Tel: 0442047100, 8h00-12h00/13h30-18h00, appeler avant",Matériaux

Mini niveau à bulle,2,,,http://www.fpv4ever.com/accessoires/521-niveau-a-bulle-.html,Outillage

Tube flexible 1m,1,,,,Electricité

Mètre ruban adhésif,1,,,,Quincaillerie

Pince crocodile auto,2,,,,Automobile

Rayonnages acier,8,,,"H = 2m, largeur à déterminer, Le Bon Coin",Equipements

"Plaque ondulée bitumée rouge, 2x0.86 m",3,,8.9,,Matériaux

Protecteur de peinture,1,,,"Type Duragloss #105, Finish Kare 1000P",Colles & Peintures

Pied à coulisse digital,1,,19.25,M&P,Outillage

Mèche à centrer,1,,,http://www.metiers-et-passions.com/fr/catalogue/forets-centrer-forme-ahss-din-333/t-o-0004080201-skg.html,Outillage

This is a DIY shopping list and I just want it to stay that simple, adding a checkbox somewhere in the line that allows me to clear the entry...

If you know Upvise (list manager), this is exported from Upvise as CSV file and converted to HTML. Going to PDF would add one extra step to a procedure that already looks pretty complicated... :-(

Thanks in advance for any help.

@EICroco

So you only have 25 items?

If yes do you want to create one note or 25? I'd probably create 1 and add check boxes.

Assuming one note and as its only 25 items I'd probably just paste what you have into a new note and just edit out the commas and add a check box to each line. If you had hundreds I would load into excel and export from there into a text document... This would allow you to control the width of columns and re arrange columns... You can also save out of excel as HTML.

Key points... Have you got Microsoft Excel?

How do you want notes to look?

How many notes are you wanting to create? (are you going to combine multiple items into one note)

Hi Mike,

@EICroco

So you only have 25 items?

If yes do you want to create one note or 25? I'd probably create 1 and add check boxes.

As explained before, I just want to create lists, the first one (for trial) is my DIY shopping list, which is 25 items.

Assuming one note and as its only 25 items I'd probably just paste what you have into a new note and just edit out the commas and add a check box to each line.

This is what I did, but the final list looks ugly...

If you had hundreds I would load into excel and export from there into a text document... This would allow you to control the width of columns and re arrange columns... You can also save out of excel as HTML.

Keep in mind this is my first attempt to import a list into Evernote, other lists may contain tens of items, entering them again would really be a pain...

Key points... Have you got Microsoft Excel?

Yes, full Office 2007.

How do you want notes to look?

Would like to get an editable table, which I could sort by name/category/etc. instead of a static piece of text with checkboxes... Ticking the checkbox should grey out the related line or delete it after confirmation. Standard list manager style, see attached file.

How many notes are you wanting to create? (are you going to combine multiple items into one note)

I don't use the word "note", what I need is (multiple) "lists": food, DYI, todo, etc. Everything should be displayed as list, with a checkbox to clear out any entry in the list (done/purchased/saved...). Is there any chance to use Evernote for this or should I just buy an Upvise license?

Thanks for your help!

post-102673-0-65517500-1346241650_thumb.

• Level 5*
I don't use the word "note", what I need is (multiple) "lists": food, DYI, todo, etc. Everything should be displayed as list, with a checkbox to clear out any entry in the list (done/purchased/saved...).

Mike's question is on point: It doesn't matter whether you want to use the word "note" or not -- notes are what Evernote uses. Evernote notes can contain different types of content, including lists. So if you want to store your CSV-based lists in Evernote, you will necessarily be using notes to hold them; the question is whether you will be importing multiple CSV files into a single note, or whether each CSV file will generate a single note.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone still needs an answer to this, I've recently made the transition and it was fairly painless thanks to this script for Mac:

http://veritrope.com...-file-importer/

It imports .csv files into evernote and works really well. You can export a .csv from Knowbase and you'll need to tweak it a little bit in excel and/or word to get all your tags to import properly.

Follow these steps:

1. Do a search and replace in Knowbase before you export the csv and get rid of all " marks, they mess the script up, I just replaced them ' marks

2. If you have multiple tags on each file, open the csv file in notepad or a text editor and replace all the ' marks that surround your tags with " marks, but you only want to affect the ones around your tags so you search for ',' and replace with "," you'll also need to replace all the '" with just a " for the first and last tags

3. Open the csv file in excel and change the word 'date' in the top row to an actual date (i.e. 01/01/2010). The other thing excel does is create blank cells for articles that have less tags than the others, this will help the script when importing. Make sure you're still saving a csv from excel.

4. Go to the link above and follow the instruction to convert the csv to Evernote.

• Level 5*
CSV isn't a universal file format. It's a proprietry Microsoft format.

Utter nonsense. http://en.wikipedia....eparated_values. A quote from that article: "CSV is a common, relatively simple file format that is widely supported by consumer, business, and scientific applications. Among its most common uses is moving tabular data between programs that natively operate on incompatible (often proprietary and/or undocumented) formats. This works because so many programs support some variation of CSV at least as an alternative import/export format.". Also see the referenced: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180

Edit: Martin got there first.

• Level 5*

I would expect CSV to be trouble free if all that you're asking of it is to replicate a flat database:: take a line of values and jam it into a database row, no problem. Once you get into trying to interpret the content of those values (as with formulas that relate to other members), then you're in murkier waters; really up to the implementor's conventions are.

I had about 40 memos in my Palm Pre and was able to export them to CSV. Now I had a hard time importing that data into anything on my Galaxy S3. So I sat down for a couple hours and whipped up a program that will take a CSV file and convert it to an ENEX file that is easily imported into Evernote. Its simple and covers most fields and it met my needs. If the community thinks it will be useful i can make it available as freeware.

• Level 5

Sounds interesting - though I don't have the prereq equipment. As a matter of interest, what did you write it in? The standard Android pseudo-java? I'm just wondering what one uses for scripting and light application development on Android.

Actually I should have mentioned its a Windows app. It assumes you have a CSV file and converts it to an ENEX file. I used the Evernote Windows application to import to my account. It dumps it into an import folder and then you can do whatever you want with it at that point.

• 3 weeks later...

I had about 40 memos in my Palm Pre and was able to export them to CSV. Now I had a hard time importing that data into anything on my Galaxy S3. So I sat down for a couple hours and whipped up a program that will take a CSV file and convert it to an ENEX file that is easily imported into Evernote. Its simple and covers most fields and it met my needs. If the community thinks it will be useful i can make it available as freeware.

You would be my savoiur and bless you if you release it. We have recently moved away from these OLD Palm Treos and Palm hand helds to more modern Phones. Please and THANK YOU!!!

I am considering switching to Evernote from Notespark, as I would LOVE to have the offline notes available on my phone. I am gathering that import from Notespark may be "iffy", and need to know whether or not to spend time & money figuring it out. Please reply Heather! Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome! Thanks :-)

Just one thing I'm struggling with....My CSV file has multiple tags (exported from Diigo). The App imports all of them as one single tag...

Can it be done as multiple tags?

Regards

John

Ok so sorry for being a bit late. Here is the link to the app I created

https://docs.google....VmY2RhYmRi/edit

It's called CsvToEn and fairly easy to run. just follow the instructions in the menu Help. Let me know of any problems. The app as it stands works for me and is free as in beer.

AGP

ImportantlyMe, Im not sure what you mean. The CsvToEn app takes one field and one field only for the tag, it does not combine multiple fields. How many tag fields maximum are in your Diigo file (I've never used that system)?

Can you post an example of a record from your Diigo file and what you would expect to see in Evernote.

AGP

Sure :-)

The records come out in three fields as per attached screenshot, with column three being all the single tags applied to an entry.

I have an IFTTT recipe for posting current entries from Diigo to Evernote and that brings over multiple tags.

(I do it this way because as mentioned above 'Diigo' has a nice red ribbon to show a page is bookmarked!)

Kind Regards

John

post-119143-0-82711600-1358098389_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The email response to my request for assitance in converting my Notespark csv notes into a form that can be imported by Evernote, was a script to run in excel.  Since I'm a mac user, the only script function I can find is a utility called Apple Script Editor.  I don't have a clue on how to use it with the csv file opened in Numbers.  Is there information available for those of us with mac's to be able to get our csv notes into Evernote?

I was able to migrate from an ipaq to notespark on a mac through third party software, but have been unable to find anything quite so user friendly to get my notes into Evernote.  Outside of cutting and pasting each note individually, is there a way for non-programmers to batch process the importing?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

ok I ve made the changes and it is now an option. I made an "Options" tab so just set to your liking. Download CsvtoEn v1.0.0.1 at https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6RcZCcts8ceYWY4NTMzZjYtMmI2ZS00NmJiLWE5NTAtOGMyMGVmY2RhYmRi/edit

~AGP

Cheers! Before smartphones, and before I came to Evernote, I accumulated almost 1,000 diary entries in a program called Efficient Diary, and I was afraid that I'd have to convert all those entries by hand. Your little program helped streamline that process by quite a bit!

One request, though: Evernote's entries have a Date Created field (I believe it's " <created>20130410T152853Z</created> " in the .enex file); can your program give us the option to map a field in the .csv onto that Date Created field? Otherwise, it just assumes that every entry was created on the same day, the day that you ran the conversion program, and that's no good.

Suppose i could. The problem here is that I believe Evernote wants the data in GMT. The users data can be in other time zones so that can cause some improper conversion if that's important to you. I'll take a look and see how easy it is to add that. I might wait to see if anyone else has other requests.

~AGP

Great, thanks!

I don't have (or care about) any timestamps at all - I'm just interested in preserving the yyyy-mm-dd. If Evernote asks for more specific timestamps, just tell it that all of my entries were created at noon on whichever date is specified?

This is WordPad's rendition of a .csv that Efficient Diary exports:

Icon,Importance,Date,Title,Content
,Normal,4/12/2013,"Diary Entry","This is a test diary entry."
,Normal,4/11/2013,"Diary Entry","Here are some new lines, apostrophes, and other special characters:

This sentence is on a new line.
So is this one.         <-tab    <-tab

I don't ever use contractions. I can't; I won't.

The word resumé ends in an accent aigu."

After I put that file through your program (assigning "Importance" to "Tags" and "Date" to "Title", just as placeholder assignments), I find that some of those special characters don't quite display correctly, and some of the entries don't seem to display at all, but I'm just interested in getting the Date field and most of the Content to carry over automatically. I figure that I'll have to go back through and do some cleaning by hand. Also, I never really used the Icon, Importance, or Title fields. (I don't really use Tags on Evernote, either. Maybe I should look into them, if they can be used to do anything useful.)

Ok I see the problem. The tags and titles are both protected by the framework and they will use the special XML character replacement. The content on the other hand ws being created "manually" so it didn't offer that protection and didn't even think about that when i first wrote the app. I've re-coded that routine and now it should work. Let me make some tweaks and I'll upload here within a day or two.

How are those tweaks coming?

From where I'm sitting, it seems like your conversion script could at some point handle pretty much any .csv a user wanted to throw at it (as long as that file came from a similar Notes and/or Diary program). It also seems like you could pretty easily handle the conversion in the other direction, enex->csv, yes?

Almost done. Some things I have to consider and test. The dates could be problematic. 

Yes the script can handle just about any CSV input file as long as it has proper structure. The reverse conversion is possible but a completely different routine. However, the Evernote for Windows application already has an Export function.

ok CsvToEn v1.0.0.2 is here https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6RcZCcts8ceYWY4NTMzZjYtMmI2ZS00NmJiLWE5NTAtOGMyMGVmY2RhYmRi/edit

Please take a minute to read the notes about dates in the Help>Instructions menu. Also note that I tested it in Windows 8 x64 and it didn't load. That means either it has a compatibility problem with Windows 8 or the 64 bit environment. I'm willing to bet its just the 64 bit environment as I tested it on Windows 7 x86 and it worked fine.

Seems to work okay so far. Better than okay - there were a lot of non-standard newline characters in my .csv (I'm not sure why), and I was afraid that I'd have to go through and convert them by hand, but your program caught them for me.

Strange hiccup, though - the conversion process seems to have picked up some of my apostrophes, but missed some others. In some of my converted entries, there are contractions with the apostrophes intact; but other entries are sprinkled with words like "Didnt", even though the apostrophe is right there in the original .csv. And, as far as I can remember, all of those original entries were made by the same program (Efficient Diary). They might have been created on different versions of Windows, though. Anyway, an occasional missing apostrophe is a very minor hiccup, and one that I could easily correct manually.

Evernote for Windows DOES have an Export function, but it only works with slightly obnoxious formats that would be difficult to transfer into any other format without the assistance of some third-party script, and I was under the impression that you already had a good portion of the necessary code written into your program. And that your program would be more attractive if it could convert files in both directions. That is, unless Evernote itself starts allowing us to import/export to/from .csv.

Anyway, thanks to your program, my 950 old diary entries have been converted almost flawlessly! (AND I can sort/search them by Date.) Cheers! That saved me hours (days, weeks) of tedious data entry.

Send me a sample of the offending entries to csv _at_ warpengine _dot_com and I'll put them through the debugger.

The code written does go from csv to enex but doing the other way does require a completely different routine. writing to XML is different than reading from XML. even though you may know the structure, the code is essentially different. I originally wrote the program for my own memo csv file so not really all that intereted in doing the other way around. I may in the future if i have some time to kill.

• 1 month later...

Hi - I would love to use CsvToEn to allow me to import my Diigo bookmarks, but unfortunately it crashes every time I run it: Is there any information I can give from logs etc that may help point to the problem?

That's been a show stopper for me. I develop on an x64 machine but one of the processes on the executable only runs on x86. Let me take a look to see if I can fix that.

Cool, many thanks.

ok i just did a test with the newer process and it seems to work with x64. i'm going to compile this and test and probably release within a week. if you have any suggestions let me know.

Wow, that was fast, thanks!

Hello all,

I was hoping someone could help me with Importing From Excel into Evernote. I’m not much a programmer (not at all) but I found a thread on there that discusses exactly what I need to do, but I just cannot figure it out.

Basically, I created a template in Evernote, and I want to fill in certain fields from that template from Microsoft Excel file.

I have a spreadsheet setup, and I would like for every row to become a new note in Evernote, with certain cells populating the specific spots on my note template.

I tried exporting my template out and into excel, but I just cannot figure it out for the life of me.

If anyone could give me a quick step by step that has done this before I would be so thankful, as I have 10,000 rows of data that I want to turn into notes.

Thanks,

Ryan

I downloaded the version CsvToEn v1.0.0.3 to my machine that runs Windows 8. It wouldnt work. 

In order to make sure I was doing everything properly, I fired up an old machine and downloaded a previous version, and I could open the program there. This machine is a POS and is about to go down, thats why i cant really use it too much.

Are you extracting the zip package or running it inside the compressed folder? It will only work if you extract the contents first. Also make sure you have the .NET2 Framework installed at a minimum. Don't believe you need version 3, 3.5, or 4 but wouldn't hurt as many applications nowadays need at least one of those framework versions.

OK it doesn't work in x64 but have you tried extracting it first? If you run if from the compressed folder it will not work. You have to uncompress it first. On My Windows 8 x64 I tested it and it works no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I also get the same issue on Win 8x64 when running .v3. I just checked and I've get several versions of .Net installed: 1,1, 2, 3, 3.5 & 4. I also tried running the app as administrator and setting it to run in Vista compatibility mode.

By looking through the event logs I managed to find the WER report archive which might help in debugging the issue:

Version=1
EventType=CLR20r3
EventTime=130182055457494780
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=130182055459593808
ReportIdentifier=01564b0a-ebd7-11e2-beee-00251159e1f3
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Problem Signature 01
Sig[0].Value=csvtoen.exe
Sig[1].Name=Problem Signature 02
Sig[1].Value=1.0.0.3
Sig[2].Name=Problem Signature 03
Sig[2].Value=51b4d413
Sig[3].Name=Problem Signature 04
Sig[3].Value=CsvToEn
Sig[4].Name=Problem Signature 05
Sig[4].Value=1.0.0.3
Sig[5].Name=Problem Signature 06
Sig[5].Value=51b4d413
Sig[6].Name=Problem Signature 07
Sig[6].Value=1
Sig[7].Name=Problem Signature 08
Sig[7].Value=12
Sig[8].Name=Problem Signature 09
Sig[8].Value=System.TypeInitialization
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=2057
UI[2]=C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\CsvToEn1_0_0_3\CsvToEn.exe
UI[3]=CsvToEn has stopped working
UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
UI[5]=Check online for a solution and close the program
UI[6]=Check online for a solution later and close the program
UI[7]=Close the program
LoadedModule[0]=C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\CsvToEn1_0_0_3\CsvToEn.exe
LoadedModule[1]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\snxhk64.dll
LoadedModule[3]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
LoadedModule[4]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[5]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSCOREE.DLL
LoadedModule[6]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\apphelp.dll
LoadedModule[7]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[8]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[9]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sechost.dll
LoadedModule[10]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[11]=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll
LoadedModule[12]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll
LoadedModule[13]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll
LoadedModule[14]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[15]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[16]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSCTF.dll
LoadedModule[17]=C:\Windows\system32\guard64.dll
LoadedModule[18]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\fltlib.dll
LoadedModule[19]=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
LoadedModule[20]=C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6910_none_88dc8c812fb1ba3f\MSVCR80.dll
LoadedModule[21]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
LoadedModule[22]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\combase.dll
LoadedModule[23]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SHCORE.dll
LoadedModule[24]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\profapi.dll
LoadedModule[25]=C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\mscorlib\a77d877c214d5c7b4adbe2b8a9da3cf2\mscorlib.ni.dll
LoadedModule[26]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll
LoadedModule[27]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CRYPTBASE.dll
LoadedModule[28]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bcryptPrimitives.dll
LoadedModule[29]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll
LoadedModule[30]=C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\System\572cf15f1c03f8129ef4af72c248a8ae\System.ni.dll
LoadedModule[31]=C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\Microsoft.VisualBas#\23718d30efe2e39a1745de518983bf11\Microsoft.VisualBasic.ni.dll
LoadedModule[32]=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorjit.dll
LoadedModule[33]=C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\System.Drawing\aad149aedd73b35bee3208b976f1edf6\System.Drawing.ni.dll
LoadedModule[34]=C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\System.Windows.Forms\417bfcb305172fd47dc89df26eb16f4a\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll
LoadedModule[35]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CRYPTSP.dll
LoadedModule[36]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsaenh.dll
LoadedModule[37]=C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\CsvToEn1_0_0_3\Microsoft.Licensing.Runtime2.0.dll
LoadedModule[38]=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\diasymreader.dll
LoadedModule[39]=C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\CsvToEn1_0_0_3\Microsoft.Licensing.Utils2.0.dll
LoadedModule[40]=C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\CsvToEn1_0_0_3\Microsoft.Licensing.Permutation_fa20c_2.0.dll
LoadedModule[41]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[42]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SspiCli.dll
LoadedModule[43]=C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\System.Configuration\d71b7bb54e4d6b831557c1636a169741\System.Configuration.ni.dll
LoadedModule[44]=C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_64\System.Xml\c05ddfb7d5242800072f6cefa2ea8dd7\System.Xml.ni.dll
LoadedModule[45]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\CRYPT32.dll
LoadedModule[46]=C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSASN1.dll
LoadedModule[47]=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VERSION.dll
FriendlyEventName=Stopped working
ConsentKey=CLR20r3
AppName=CsvToEn
AppPath=C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\CsvToEn1_0_0_3\CsvToEn.exe
ReportDescription=Stopped working

HTH

Cheers,
Michael 
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok folks lets try this one. It's CsvToEn 1.0.0.4 and available at https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B6RcZCcts8ceYWY4NTMzZjYtMmI2ZS00NmJiLWE5NTAtOGMyMGVmY2RhYmRi/edit?pli=1

Make sure that you decompress it to a folder. Do not run from within the zipped file. I tested it on my Windows 8.1 Preview x64 machine and results were good. This one requires the .NET4 Framework so please download and install if you don't have it.

~AGP

downloaded
extracted

double clicked to run
and the cursor goes round and round.....

but it never starts.

Tried the diagnostic routine, no help.

BUT... why did Adobe Dreamweaver start up after I double clicked on this file?

Archived