Moleskin Smart Notebook ideas

So, I love this idea and have just placed my pre-order. I'm excited about it.

What would be really cool though, is that instead of having to use 'Smart Stickers' that we can link specific words/symbols to create specific tags - for example, if I handwrite #EN it tags the page with Evernote, etc.

I'm also keen to see if there is a way to create a To Do list automatically, so if I write #ToDo Evernote automatically adds a checkbox to my note that I can later tick off. That way I can simply search false:todo to find all of my actions and tick off the ones I've complete. Now that would be very cool....

But in the meantime, I'm already taking pictures of my notes using the camera feature and loving it!

• Level 5*

What would be really cool though, is that instead of having to use 'Smart Stickers' that we can link specific words/symbols to create specific tags - for example, if I handwrite #EN it tags the page with Evernote, etc.

I'm also keen to see if there is a way to create a To Do list automatically, so if I write #ToDo Evernote automatically adds a checkbox to my note that I can later tick off. That way I can simply search false:todo to find all of my actions and tick off the ones I've complete. Now that would be very cool....

But in the meantime, I'm already taking pictures of my notes using the camera feature and loving it!

Yeah, I can imagine all sorts of cool things like that in the future too. This is a great direction to go!

I was wondering what the point of the "special" paper was, I made some smart stickers as well and noticed that they worked with my paper. (see my blog post http://markrevans.co...e-new-features/)

I Like gsxr1000steve's idea to allow us to add tags via some form of special OCR format, either a hashtag as suggested, or a variation of a Cartouche, where we can simply circle the words we want to use as tags. Although a hash-tag makes more sense as it's a character that can already be recognised via OCR, but it would need a closing character as well, as a tag can be made of more than one word e.g #I'm a tag/#

I was wondering what the point of the "special" paper was

This, too, has me puzzled. What is the advantage of the paper over regular paper and using the Page Camera? (I realize the 3-month membership to Premium and the stickers; however, those things are not the paper.) If neither the Premium or stickers appeals to a user, is there a reason to get the notebook? Am I missing something?

Cheers.

Nope, you're not missing anything. Moleskines appeal to a specific market. This is for them.

So, if a user already has a bevy of Moleskine notebooks and other writing material, will Evernote ever release the stickers as a standalone product?

I love Moleskine and Evernote. Its great to see this fusion of the two. Any thoughts on what to do for those of us who are already premium subscribers?

I would like to buy a notebook w/o the premium membership. It seems to me that the price for a year long membership through buying the notebooks is a little steep.

• Level 5*

I love Moleskine and Evernote. Its great to see this fusion of the two. Any thoughts on what to do for those of us who are already premium subscribers?

I would like to buy a notebook w/o the premium membership. It seems to me that the price for a year long membership through buying the notebooks is a little steep.

Hi. I think the membership months are cumulative, so it will extend your membership three months for every notebook you have. That seems like a good deal ($15) for each one :)

I also like the idea of this notebook. Will give them a try.

Does anyone know if the 3 month Premium subscription with each notebook can be used to extend the Premium subscription I already have?

• Level 5*

I also like the idea of this notebook. Will give them a try.

Does anyone know if the 3 month Premium subscription with each notebook can be used to extend the Premium subscription I already have?

My understanding is that the membership amount is cumulative. I haven't heard official word from Evernote about this, though.

• Level 5*

Yes, like with all of our gift certificates, each one you add extends your current subscription.

We recently had a person add 77 years to their account.

Wait a second Heather. You can't just post a message like that and leave us hanging. Please give us a few details. Did they pay thousands of dollars to do this, did they get a discount for their first 50 years, or did they just happen to have a pile of gift cards laying around the house?

Actually, yes, they did pay thousands of dollars to do that - they bought (or received) a large number one of our partner products and wanted to ensure the codes were utilized before they expired :)

• 9 months later...
:wacko: 

AH, just opened a new thread on this very topic before I found yours :wacko:  - exactly what I was hoping for with my Moleskin - lists are what we all do every day in nortebooks,

therefore it seems pointless to import them as a picture when the tech is surely avail to bring them in as actual live lists with tickboxes.....EN...please action ;)

• 9 months later...

I am not sure I am in the right place...but here goes...

I am premium member . Using Evernote for couple of years, and have been paperless for over a year.

Can someone explain to me why I would want to pay for a product that causes me to go back to paper notes, just to import back into evernote? This in no way is to be misconstrued to bash Moleskin. I just do not understand what I am missing???

I have recently started using a smart notebook, previously I had been scanning my regular moleskin into Evernote. 

I take the majority of my notes typed straight into an Evernote note. That being said, there are many times where I cannot take notes on my computer or mobile device. I would say of my notes (excluding web clippings), 25% are hand written, 75% are typed.

For example:

I do a lot of observational field work where I take written notes.

Sometimes when I am taking notes on what I read I also like to write them out because it slows down the process and allows me to internalize what I am reading a bit better.

Sometimes I am in meetings where it is not appropriate to be typing on a computer or mobile device. 

Sometimes I like to just free-wheel and brainstorm, using paper really makes this easy. 

Being able to have all of my research field notes (always on paper), reading notes (either on paper or typed), and brainstorming (paper, or typed), searchable is really amazing. Being able to type in words into the search bar and have my hand written notes appear is really special. 

I do not use the stickers as they are defined by default, I use them to roughly categorize my notes:

Dissertation

Academic Literature

Notes related to my research group 

Being able to have the scanned pages appear in the correct notebook saves a lot of initial sorting, usually I only have to add any additional relevant tags. 

So, in short, being able to SEARCH your hand written notes is a huge benefit to people who have to make a lot of hand written notes! 

Archived