Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

Synchronized and Local Notebook

evernote

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Brassington

Paul Brassington

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

HI Guys,

I'm fairly new to Evernote and it seems a very good product as I've got an android phone and tablet, hence my interest.

I believe I get an amount of free space before having to pay.

When I create a new Notebook I get a dialog asking for the name and selecting if it is a Local Notebook or a Synchronized notebook.

I wish to change a Synchronized notebook to a Local Notebook so I can manage my free space.

Please advise how to achieve this.

And a million thanks in advance.

Paul Brassington

#2 FactMan

FactMan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Browncoat
  • 514 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Evernote! You cannot change a synchronized notebook to a local notebook. However, what you can do is create the local notebook (you will have to use a different name). Then you copy all your notes in Synchronized Notebook to Local Notebook. When you are happy that you have all the notes, you can delete Synchronized Notebook (and empty the trash). The notes in Local Notebook will never be synchronized again, unless you move them to a notebook that is synchronized.

#3 Paul Brassington

Paul Brassington

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Thanks and what a simple idea, worked a treat and thanks for the welcome
:)

Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic