IOS iPad -- Difficult to Edit Notes Now

Ever since the recent patch, it is very difficult to initiate editing. Previously, with the pencil symbol, editing was fine. The touch only editing made it much more cumbersome.. I can hold, double tap, tap, etc. and not even clear how the HCI initiates an edit.

The better thing to do is to bring back the edit pencil icon so your users can have both options.

Please help. It seems this should be EZ, and I wear this thing out in meetings, but I lose a lot in conversations and rapid switching when I can't initiate edits rapidly. This is a big problem guys.

@matthewjetthall

• 2 weeks later...

+1 to bringing back easier editing.

Also I'd like to see adding / editing tags brought back to the main note window, not hidden away behind the (i) button.

Ever since the recent patch, it is very difficult to initiate editing. Previously, with the pencil symbol, editing was fine. The touch only editing made it much more cumbersome.. I can hold, double tap, tap, etc. and not even clear how the HCI initiates an edit.

The better thing to do is to bring back the edit pencil icon so your users can have both options.

Please help. It seems this should be EZ, and I wear this thing out in meetings, but I lose a lot in conversations and rapid switching when I can't initiate edits rapidly. This is a big problem guys.

@matthewjetthall

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

It has been a little while since I used Evernote and Evernote Food, but I did use them a lot and needed them once again. Unfortunately, they have become nearly unsuable. Syncing problems are one thing, but I cannot edit at ALL in iOs. What are they doing to this platform? I am an Evernote Premium customer and I am ready to cancel.

It has been a little while since I used Evernote and Evernote Food, but I did use them a lot and needed them once again. Unfortunately, they have become nearly unsuable. Syncing problems are one thing, but I cannot edit at ALL in iOs. What are they doing to this platform? I am an Evernote Premium customer and I am ready to cancel.

Editing shouldn't be a problem in iOS. Normally its just a matter of opening any note by tapping on it in the list of notes and tapping once in the body of the note to enter the editing mode. Is this not what you are seeing?

Archived