Uninstalling Evernote question

~Adam

It looks like I might be without a computer for awhile. If I uninstall Evernote before I lose PC access, will everything still be on the web version? Then, when I get a new PC, I can just reinstall Evernote, right?

I have a paid account.

Should be ok, if:

- You have synced Windows client to get any client updates to web.

- You don't have any local unsynchronized notebooks.

An external backup of your ENW user.exb file is also a worthwhile precaution. This will also backup any Local notebooks if needed.

Note that if you are cleaning your PC prior to losing it, then, you need to delete the Evernote Data folder after you have removed the ENW client application.

• 1 year later...

Ok so I am wanting to delete EN from a work computer that I'm about to hand back. I have a question in addition to the above... I have found the [username].exb file, however there are also several others. Should these also be backed up?

FYI the exb folders I have are as follows:

[username].exb

[username].exb.activitylog

[username].exb.announcements

[username].exb.bak

[username].exb.cardview.snippets

[username].exb.context

[username].exb.maptiles

[username].exb.related

[username].exb.snippets

Much appreciated.

Ok so I am wanting to delete EN from a work computer that I'm about to hand back. I have a question in addition to the above... I have found the [username].exb file, however there are also several others. Should these also be backed up?

FYI the exb folders I have are as follows:

[username].exb

[username].exb.activitylog

[username].exb.announcements

[username].exb.bak

[username].exb.cardview.snippets

[username].exb.context

[username].exb.maptiles

[username].exb.related

[username].exb.snippets

Much appreciated.

The exb file is the only one you need & that's the only one I backup. But some people feel better backing up all the files in the folder & sub folders.

Archived