Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo

Finding Public Notebooks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kuschneider

kuschneider

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

How does one do a search on public notebooks. I have created notebooks that I then shared with public, but how would I or anyone else actually find it? If I wanted my students to find my notebooks by searching on my name and class in the description section, how would they actually do that?

I cant find a search function anywhere other than the feature to search my own notes.

Thanks

#2 spg SCOTT

spg SCOTT

• Title: "There is no magic, only lost physics"
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hi kuschneider, welcome to the forum :)

Evernote doesn't provide a method of discovery for shared notebooks, other than the link that you get when you share the notebook.

You would have to provide this link to those that you wanted to show your notebook to.

Scott

#3 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,219 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

How does one do a search on public notebooks. I have created notebooks that I then shared with public, but how would I or anyone else actually find it? If I wanted my students to find my notebooks by searching on my name and class in the description section, how would they actually do that?

I cant find a search function anywhere other than the feature to search my own notes.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums. Shared notebooks are neither posted by Evernote nor indexed by search engines, so unless you share directly with people on a website or something like that, then it is unlikely anyone will stumble across it. I have gathered together a bunch of shared notebooks and posted them on my website. I'd be happy to add yours into the mix :)
http://www.princeton...dnotebooks.html

#4 kuschneider

kuschneider

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

OK thanks for the info. Looks like I can share is privately with all of their email address or share it publicly and provide the link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote