(Archived) ✔ HELP: Chrome Web Clipper not responding

dotcommer

Very weird. I turn on my laptop today, go to a site, want to clip it, and webclipper doesn't do anything! Clicking the icon, the screen pops out like it should, but only displays "Web Clipper" graphic. Thats it. And when trying to access the webclipper preferences, it always loads to a completely blank page... Any ideas or similar stories? I can't figure out why so suddenly everything stopped working. I've uninstalled the webclipper, restarted both the browser and laptop, but nothing fixes it.

Hardware: Macbook pro

Chrome: Version 19.0.1084.56

post-84714-0-41647600-1344725207_thumb.p

Not seeing these problems with Win7/Chrome 21 and latest Chome Clipper beta(5.7). However, have seen others reporting similar problems.

Try:

Re-install clipper.

- Remove Clipper

- Exit restart browser

- Re-install stable (5.6) clipper

- Exit restart browser

- Check & set (if needed) clipper options. They will be back to default.

The above is a conservative/clean re-install. Should erase any clipper artefacts from your profile.

If that does not work then try the beta clipper.

http://discussion.ev...7-beta-version/

I've done all you said except maybe the 5.6 install. If 5.6 is the standard one I get when just downing the default clipper, I've done that. If it's an older version other than the current default, can you tell me where to get it?

I've done all you said except maybe the 5.6 install. If 5.6 is the standard one I get when just downing the default clipper, I've done that. If it's an older version other than the current default, can you tell me where to get it?

5.6 is the current version available from the store.

What OS and Chrome version are you using?

Can you access the Web client from the same browser?

Hmmm. I am starting to suspect OSX as the common denominator. (Un)fortunately I don't use any Mac systems so I cant specifically test.

Is there any reason that you are still on Chrome 19? Stable channel for Mac is at Chrome 21.

Aha!! Success! It was the version of Chrome. I didn't think of that because Chrome is supposed to upgrade on it's own automatically. But obviously it did not. So I downloading a new version manually. And it works now.

Thanks for your really quick help, especially on a Sunday morning. Much appreciate.

Yup, I seem to have had the same problem. I noticed my chrome version was 19, and the update server wasn't connecting so I haven't been getting any new versions lately. Installing a new copy of chrome fixed my issue with web clipper. I would call this problem resolved. Thanks for all the help!

Not seeing these problems with Win7/Chrome 21 and latest Chome Clipper beta(5.7). However, have seen others reporting similar problems.

Try:

Re-install clipper.

- Remove Clipper

- Exit restart browser

- Re-install stable (5.6) clipper

- Exit restart browser

- Check & set (if needed) clipper options. They will be back to default.

The above is a conservative/clean re-install. Should erase any clipper artefacts from your profile.

If that does not work then try the beta clipper.

http://discussion.ev...7-beta-version/

not true i use chrome 13.0.782.20 version, similar thing happened to me, it was working fine until recently , now it does'nt work,just the graphic displays, i uninstalled and reinstalled, but no benefit..pls help! Even on right clicking on the page the "clip it to evernote" option is not available

Hmmm. I am starting to suspect OSX as the common denominator. (Un)fortunately I don't use any Mac systems so I cant specifically test.

Is there any reason that you are still on Chrome 19? Stable channel for Mac is at Chrome 21.

using 13.0.782.20 version google chrome, evernote web clipper has stopped working.....tried unistalling and installing , pls help
  • 1 month later...

Archived