Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Firefox

Evernote Clearly versus Evernote Webclipper

clearly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skdolcevita

skdolcevita

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

I have been using Evernote Webclipper for sometime now. However, I am wondering if it would be better to switch to Clearly as from what I read Clearly offers everything that Webclipper does, plus the aditional readability enhancement features. Is that a correct assessment? What would I miss if I uninstalled Webclipper and replaced with with Clearly?

#2 Owyn

Owyn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Title: Evernote Geek
  • Group: Members
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Welcome to the forums.

I use both, and more.
e.g. This morning while in Chrome 21 on Windows 7 I have used:
- Chrome Clipper (my default)
- Chrome Clipper from Clearly (reading small print article via Clearly and want to clip with tagging)
- Clearly Clipper (multi-page article )
- Evernote Windows Copy Selection (Win+A) (the only way that works reliably for that site)
- Evernote Windows Screenshot (Win+PrintScreen) (Flash site)

Depends on web site and specific url. It is probably more of an art than a science.

e.g. I now know that one site I follow blog posts on (CBC Music blog) only clips reliably via Win+A. Learned behaviour. Saw bad clips when I was reviewing my Inbox and eventually found a way to get good clips.

Edited by Owyn, 11 August 2012 - 12:57 PM.

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests

Premium User
Ubuntu 12.04/10.04 + various other Linux distro (Web client & VirtualBox XP SP3 ENW)
Windows 7 SP1 & XP SP3 (EN 4.5.8.7356)
iPod Touch 2G (iOS 4.2.1, EN 4.1.9) / Blackberry Playbook (OS 2.0.1, EN 1.3)
Latest stable browsers & clippers(Chrome(default), Firefox, IE8/9)

#3 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

I use both. For some sites, I want everything on the page, and for other ones, I just want the text. It depends on the site. It's nice to have a choice with Clearly, because some of the especially messy websites out there don't display great in Evernote on mobile. Clearly does :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote