Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

Transfer recipes from Evernote to Evernote Food

food

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 manu

manu

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hi. I'm starting with Evernote Food, and I'd like to transfer hundreds of recipes from Evernote to Evernote Food. Is there an easy way to do it?
Thanks
Manu

#2 Blake Burch

Blake Burch

• Title: Bushwhacker
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Welcome to the forums Manu!

At the moment, there isn't an easy way. The best solution can be found here. Running an android emulator on your desktop will make the process faster but not that much easier.

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
HTC Thunderbolt running Android 2.3.7 ---- HP Touchsmart Laptop running Windows 7

#3 smuddster

smuddster

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

I just started using Evernote Food too. It seems to be a great way to document a school project. Using a mobile to take pics and create meal entries is no problem. But editing them that way to add recipes or other notes is a real pain.

Is exporting notes or using an Android emulator really the only way to get this done? I don't understand how opening a text field in the app for editing on the desktop or web Evernote versions is really that difficult for the developers.

#4 TJ34

TJ34

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I am very disappointed that this functionality doesn't exist. I got very excited when I saw there was a "SYNC" with specified notebooks, but this did not bring my Evernote stored recipes in the "sync"d notebook with Evernote food. This functionality seems such a basic functionality to extend the use of Evernote and I can't imagine why it was not included. Until I can bring my stored recipes from Evernote I will have very little use for Evernote Food. I do not need 2 recipe repositories.

#5 heather

heather

• Title: Support Maven
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

With Evernote Food 2.0, Evernote Food will automatically scan through your Evernote notebooks for all of your recipes, and they will show up in a special section of the program.

Check out our Knowledgebase | View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows or iOS or Android | Check out the Getting Started Guide | Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#6 andyjb

andyjb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

With Evernote Food 2.0, Evernote Food will automatically scan through your Evernote notebooks for all of your recipes, and they will show up in a special section of the program.

they don't all show in mine yet, any updates on the horizon for this one?

either manually adding recipes to the 'my recipe' section, or setting a specific tag in evernote which will get picked up in evernote food?

very nearly love this app, just need all my recipes in there :))

#7 Ringo De Smet

Ringo De Smet

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

If the automatic scan would work, I would be satisfied, but I doubt your scan takes foreign languages into account. Why do all app makers want to do fancy stuff that fails miserably? Just keep it simple please and let us select a notebook (or a stack) from Evernote as our recipes in "My Cookbook" in Evernote Food.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: other, food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote