Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
iOS

Deleted Note

note delete recover deleted note evernote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 g3eee

g3eee

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Help, please! I deleted a note by accident. Is there any way for me to get it back?

#2 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

Did you look in the trash?

It's also helpful if you say which client you're using & post in that section.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#3 g3eee

g3eee

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Done that, Did not find it in Trash. Umm 'which client'? Dont know what you mean... I'm new to Evernote :(
I was working on the note on the iPad. I had highlighted the entire content and was planning to copy and paste. Somehow, I must've tapped 'cut' and the whole thing was gone (duh), but instead of discarding the cut, I went ahead and saved a blank note! I want the contents back...spent almost the whole day working on the note ... Sob sob

#4 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Done that, Did not find it in Trash. Umm 'which client'? Dont know what you mean... I'm new to Evernote :(
I was working on the note on the iPad. I had highlighted the entire content and was planning to copy and paste. Somehow, I must've tapped 'cut' and the whole thing was gone (duh), but instead of discarding the cut, I went ahead and saved a blank note! I want the contents back...spent almost the whole day working on the note ... Sob sob

One of Evernote's focuses is to be mult-platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, etc.) That refers to which client you're using.

To clarify, cutting text & saving a blank note is different from just deleting a note. In this case, no, the note would not be in the trash. If you've not cut/copied anything since you cut the text from the note, it should still be in your clipboard, where you can paste it back into the note.

Another option if you are a premium user & the note had been on the EN servers for over eight hours, you should be able to pull the note history. (Please search the board, if you need more info on this.) But I think you'll need to use either the Mac or Windows desktop client to access note history. IDK if it's been rolled out on the web version & pretty sure it's not rolled out yet on the iOS client.

Moving this thread to the iOS section.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

#5 g3eee

g3eee

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

I've tried the clipboard, it's a no-go either... That's okay, BurgerNFries, I will just re-do. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Hope you have a better day than I ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ios, note, delete, recover deleted note, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote