Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Other

Evernote Hello on PC

installation getting started pc hello

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 leslie-sturgeon

leslie-sturgeon

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

I can't seem to figure out how to get Evernote Hello on my PC. Evernote works perfectly on my PC, smart phone and laptop but I can only see Hello on my phone. Being able to enter contacts from my PC is more important to me than my phone. Help!

#2 Blake Burch

Blake Burch

• Title: Bushwhacker
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:33 AM

Unfortunately, Evernote Hello is only availble on iOS and Android. The intent of the app is to enter contacts while you're on the go and out meeting people - something that a PC isn't really suited for.

If you would like to see Hello for PC, I suggest you submit a support ticket. The link can be found in my signature.

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
HTC Thunderbolt running Android 2.3.7 ---- HP Touchsmart Laptop running Windows 7

#3 Don Mullins

Don Mullins

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Since the actual data from Food and Hello end up in Evernote notebooks, just being able to modify the data there would suffice as a desktop version for both.

#4 mcheng

mcheng

• Title: Browncoat
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 383 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

Hi Don,

Yes this is in the works. The key is that we don't want to overly complicate the already complicated Evernote interface. We are working on redesigning the core Evernote clients to allow us to embed more functionality for Hello, Food and even more useful tools and information without making it impossible for users that want just the simple note taking to understand and use.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#5 mkassorla

mkassorla

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Dear Alliance Lackey,

Even if Evernote could just add a notebook automatically to our Evernote that is called "Hello" and automatically places our Hello items in it, that would be wonderful! However, I also need it to interact. For example, if I click on an Evernote Hello contact in my Evernote Notebook, I can't click their e-mail and e-mail them. I have to cut and paste it into my e-mail program. This is why it would be nice if there were a Hello account ap from our computers, so we could e-mail when we have a keyboard and not when we have to fight autocorrect! :)

#6 Blake Burch

Blake Burch

• Title: Bushwhacker
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Even if Evernote could just add a notebook automatically to our Evernote that is called "Hello" and automatically places our Hello items in it, that would be wonderful!

While this doesn't happen automatically, the Hello app has an option to choose your "Notebook for Encounters". I've got all mine in a notebook named "People". It certainly keeps the information a little more organized!

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
HTC Thunderbolt running Android 2.3.7 ---- HP Touchsmart Laptop running Windows 7

#7 mcheng

mcheng

• 383 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

Hi mkassorla,

> Even if Evernote could just add a notebook automatically to our Evernote that is called "Hello" and automatically places our Hello items in it, that would be wonderful!

This goes against our policy of "adding" things automatically to your account. Your account is sacred and we never ever put things into your account that you didn't request on your own. The only exception to this is our welcome notes and in the case of Hello, the Welcome encounter which serves to introduce the features of the product to new users. Even this I had to fight tooth and nail to justify its inclusion.

Re: interacting with Hello information on PC

Yes we are all anxiously waiting to have this capability, even me. :) We are waiting for a redesign of the desktop clients to allow us to add specific functionality for Food and Hello and other features in such a way as to hopefully avoid making the client too complex for everyone.

Check out our Knowledgebase or the Getting Started Guide. View our User Manuals here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request.

#8 Ruby Chard

Ruby Chard

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

Re: interacting with Hello information on PC

Yes we are all anxiously waiting to have this capability, even me. :) We are waiting for a redesign of the desktop clients to allow us to add specific functionality for Food and Hello and other features in such a way as to hopefully avoid making the client too complex for everyone.

I just came to the Evernote support forums to request this, so I'm pleased to hear editing Evernote Hello encounters on a computer is in the works! I tried out EH for the first time this past week at a big conference. I found that pulling out my iPhone to add the encounter on the spot was a bit awkward and didn't fit into most of my conversations naturally (especially group conversations or really quick encounters), but I used Hello to go back and write up notes about the encounters during some down time later that day. The iPhone interface is great for taking some quick notes and snapping a photo of their business card right away, but being able to go back and add more notes on a computer with full size keyboard would really expand its functionality.

A few other observations from my "trial by fire" with EH at the conference:
  • Syncing with Evernote and sharing encounters was fantastic! My research partner couldn't attend the conference, so in Evernote on my computer, I selected all the encounters I had that referenced our study and e-mailed them to him to keep him in the loop.
  • I'm guessing one of the goals for EH is to eliminate the need for the business card, but I wasn't able to go totally paperless yet. For example, some people just quickly handed me their card after I presented, asking for a copy of my report while I was in the middle of conversing with someone else. One guy actually just wrote a note on the back of his card and left it next to where I was sitting. I'd like to see OCR support that would autofill contact information from a photo of a person's business card. It would save me the time of manually entering contact information and/or having to hang onto the card and remember what it was from or why I have it. Snap a quick picture of the card, enter some notes, and recycle the card. The text is already searchable in Evernote (I tested it out with some people's business cards), so I imagine linking it to contact info fields wouldn't be too difficult, even if the end user had to select which text on the card goes in which field.
  • Edit location and timestamp. Automatically inserting these is a great feature assuming I'm creating the encounter entry at the convention hall shortly after we actually spoke, but most of the time I didn't get around to creating encounters and contacts until later that evening back in my hotel room (both for full conversations and for those quick business card only encounters I described above). I know EH is designed to be used on the spot, but like I said - pulling it out during a conversation felt awkward and didn't fit very well into the conversations I was having.
  • Automatically suggesting related contacts pretty useful. For example, it did an okay job of grouping everyone I chatted with after my presentation. I'm guessing these are suggested based on timestamp and location, though, so this feature would be more accurate if I could edit the location and timestamp.
  • Remove a main profile photo that you've already taken. User error: I was experimenting with the profile picture field on one of my first contacts, so now her profile has a picture of something else. I noticed you can take a new/replacement photo, but I couldn't figure out how to actually remove one entirely.
  • Allow adding the profile picture from a file instead of taking one on the spot. I didn't (and probably won't ever) feel comfortable asking to take a quick photo while networking, so other ways of attaching an image would be great. I did figure out how to attach a picture from photos already on my phone to an encounter, but this didn't seem to be available for the profile shot.
Overall, it's a great product and I intend to keep experimenting with it, but these things would definitely make it more useful for the types of conversations I'd like EH to help me remember.

#9 ron1640a

ron1640a

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

It would be nice to be able to view, reorganize and modify the information taken in Evernote Hello from my iPhone4 on my PC!!!! :)

#10 kbklv

kbklv

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Howdy!

Like all pesky users, I have some a feature requests ;-)

First, some background. My parents have a fulfillment house in Las Vegas, NV. They are constantly talking with people and sending out quotes. They desperately need a way to keep track of everything. They use Windows 7 machines and iPhone 5s, so Evernote and Evernote Hello seemed like a good fit.

That was until I tried Evernote Hello.

There are some glaring holes in Evernote Hello, and in our case, they prevent the Evernote suite from being used as a small business solution. Here’s what I feel would make Evernote Hello better:

1. On the mobile device apps, give a choice between a tiled contacts or encounters view
2. When the phone button is tapped, append the date and time of the tap to the contact’s note field (e.g. Called on 12-5-2012 at 12:00 p.m.)
3. When the email button is tapped, launch the Mail app. “to” should == contact’s email address and “bcc” should == the user’s Evernote email address
4. Allow the user to edit the contact’s note on a non-mobile device (e.g. Mac, PC, or Evernote’s Web-based interface)

That pretty much wraps up my feature requests. My goal is for the parents to use Everntoe to organize all of their customers, quotes, and correspondences. Thanks for listening to me whine!

Edited by kbklv, 05 December 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#11 mcheng

mcheng

• 383 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hi,

We are changing the home screen on the next iPhone version. I think this should match what you are thinking about as well.

#2 is a cool idea. Would you want it to automatically append a note or just create another (virtual) meeting?

#3 is easy to do but I'm not sure everyone would want this. We already do the first part and it should only be a few more taps to get your Evernote email into the bcc field if you have it in your contacts.

#4 We are working on this. With the launch of Evernote 5 we have much more real estate to add Hello functionality and will be looking into this over the next year.

Thanks for you feedback.

#12 Artfit.bodybyvi.com

Artfit.bodybyvi.com

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

I just started using this app on my droid.
When I hand a new person/prospect my phone I would like it to send the URL to my website too. I am assuming (I know) this has been discussed somewhere but I cant find it.
Also, I havent used Evernote app yet but its installed. How does Hello link with Evernote, I dont see it?

Thanks!
Fighting the war against obesity!
Challenge yourself to a new you!
Artfit.bodybyvi.com

#13 Captain Canuk

Captain Canuk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

I saw the earlier note the EN Hello is only on iOS or Android.
Is it the intention to get this to work on the new Blackberry 10?
You don't have to have it up and running day one when the new hardware comes out. Telling us the EN Hello intents to run on BB some time in the future will help us consumers when we are trying to figure out our next cell phone purchase.

Thanks,

Captain Canuk

#14 Joe Walton

Joe Walton

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hello, this seems to be the place to chip in with feature requests.

I love the idea of Hello, especially the automatic emails to new contacts. However, it is impossible to edit the details on the phone which limits it usefulness.

Being able to edit the greeting fully, rather than a single line available in Android, would mean I could customise it for my needs. For example I could add a URL to a website (as mentioned above), social media profiles, a online portfolio or a link to a vCard. Of course, this would be easier on a PC.

Another small problem is that the LinkedIn integration pulls in my most recent position (a voluntary post) rather than my main job which can be confusing. I've sorted this in LinkedIn but the change is not reflected in the automatic email from hello. This won't affect everyone but there is likely to be a significant number of people who hold more than one position concurrently. Not sure if this is limitation with the LinkedIn in API but thought I would mention it anyway.

#15 lwj

lwj

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

Great!

I need the Evernote Hello for PC too!

When will the redesign finished?

#16 Dan Whiley

Dan Whiley

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Just adding in my thoughts as someone who loves the idea of Hello but finds the practice to be a bit lacking:

Search: enable users to add and search on tags / keywords. It seems that when I enter terms into a note for an encounter, search does not pick up on this. A great example would be to enter the name of a conference then to be able to search on who I met at "Conference X" later on... Tags might be an easier search than doing free-text on the notes? Alternative example would be to search on company name and/or time range (who was thay guy I met from Evernote last month?)

+1 for a desktop interface. Whilst the idea of swapping phones and doing things immediately is great, the practice is often to consolidate / summarise after the event on another device.

Looking forward to great things!

#17 mcheng

mcheng

• 383 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

@Dan @Joe,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider these for the roadmap.

#18 markgunn

markgunn

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Just adding my voice to either have an Evernote Hello PC  app, or at least the ability to edit Hello notes from within Evernote. I can't efficiently take notes during encounters on mobile devices. 

#19 kerryvis

kerryvis

• Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

hello to all of and how's you all.

#20 orange_o_

orange_o_

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

Hello, what is the Hello PC? is an addon that I looked forward to. I would be disappointed to guide me to another provider to manage my contacts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: other, installation, getting started, pc, hello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote