(Archived) QUESTION: When does monthly upload allowance cycle reset?

enigma2me

Idea

Hi everyone.

I'm curious. Does anyone know specifically when Evernote resets your allowance?

For example, I'm a Premium user and my account says my allowance will be reset in 3 days. Does that mean:

1. The allowance will always be reset on the same day every month? (i.e. if my reset occurs on July 5, does that mean that the reset will occur on *every* 5th of the month?

2. Is there a particular time when the reset occurs? Is it 5pm EST, or midnight?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Best wishes,

Mark

4 replies to this idea

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum :)

1. Yes, that is correct.

See: https://support.evernote.com/link/portal/16051/16058/Article/1279/Why-doesn-t-my-upload-quota-reset-at-the-beginning-of-each-month

2. Not too sure about when this happens, but mine reset today, somewhere between (I think) 9-10 pm (GMT) so that *may* be an indicator as to roughly when it happens...

Scott

FWIW, on the Windows client, it counts down to zero. IE, today, I have 0 days left, which means all of today. (Like Scott, IDK about the exact time it resets.) OTOH, the iOS version counts down to 'today'. IE today, it says "today".

• Level 5*

Hi everyone.

I'm curious. Does anyone know specifically when Evernote resets your allowance?

For example, I'm a Premium user and my account says my allowance will be reset in 3 days. Does that mean:

1. The allowance will always be reset on the same day every month? (i.e. if my reset occurs on July 5, does that mean that the reset will occur on *every* 5th of the month?

2. Is there a particular time when the reset occurs? Is it 5pm EST, or midnight?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Best wishes,

Mark

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

If you look in your account information you will see the date of activation. In my case it is May 17. This is what matters. Don't pay too much attention to how many days it says you have left, because each client counts a little differently. In order to make sure that all of your uploads get processed (if you are like me and routinely put 1GB per month into your account), you'll want to complete everything on the evening before. In my case, that is the night of the 16th (US Pacific Time zone) every month. I put things in a folder ahead of time to transfer that night. I have frantically uploaded things at the last minute in the past only to find that some things didn't make it into the Evernote servers on time. Better safe than sorry!

In my experience, my account has reset at midnight, U.S. Pacific Time (GMT-8, though note that the U.S. is on Daylight Savings Time for most of the year) at the end of the last day in the monthly cycle. Since I live in New York and upgraded to premium on October 1 last year, that means that at 3 a.m. my time on the 1st of every month I start a new cycle.

Archived