Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

MasterCook and Evernote

evernote

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bjmullaney

bjmullaney

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

. I have been trying to get MasterCook and Evernote to work together for over a month now. I thought I had it worked out, but no such luck.

Here's the problem: The dialogue box for MasterCook recipe export has an option for "Evernote format." When I use that, MasterCook shows that the recipe has been exported, but it never shows up in Evernote.

The kicker is that when I have deleted the MasterCook folder in Evernote and recreated empty, THEN the recipes will export. I did this once a month ago with a single recipe, then couldn't get anything else from MasterCook to import - either into that folder or anywhere else (that I could find, anyway). Someone on the MasterCook forum said to delete the MasterCook folder in Evernote and add it in again - making sure it was "shared." I did that, and 75 recipes were successfully exported to Evernote and sync'ed to my Kindle Fire. Today, I tried to export one lousy recipe - and (although MasterCook showed it as exported) it never would show up in Evernote. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Barb

#2 Candid

Candid

• PipPipPipPip
  • Title: Shepherd
  • Group: Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Have you tried asking at the Master Cook support? It sounds like the problem might be there.

BUT I'd consider exporting the recipes to a text format if possible. If you can send them all to one folder, you can set Evernote to import all the files to that folder. That won't help if you have photos, but you could easily get the text of the recipes into Evernote.

If you have photos and it will export to PDF you could do that as well.
Candice

#3 BurgersNFries

BurgersNFries

• Title: Moderator
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 12,184 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

I have a very old version of MC. I would probably send the recipes via email directly to my EN account.
I'm not affiliated with Evernote. Evernote is an integral part of my life.

Submit support requests toward the bottom of the help/support page here. If you do not receive an auto reply email with a case #, it did NOT get submitted. Premium users will receive a reply within one business day, California time. Free users receive a reply as time permits.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote