Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Windows

REQUEST: Folder protect within Evernote - possible?

folder prtoction password evernote

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Redwine4all

Redwine4all

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hi there, I browsed a little bit through this forum to find an answer regarding protecting a folder within my evernote account.

Maybe I’m blind or stupid - but I found nothing regarding this feature.

My Idea was to create a folder like "passbox" with important information like passwords or bank account.

Would be great to get a feedback - btw - is there a link or email address available for suggestions?
Kind Regards

#2 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,219 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

At this time, there are three methods for protecting sensitive data. You can use the encryption feature in Evernote to encrypt the text of a note. You can encrypt the data yourself before uploading it into Evernote. Or, you can keep the data in a local folder that does not sync with Evernote servers. We do not have the ability to password-protect notebooks.

The user forum here is one of the best ways to suggest features. Evernote staff regularly read the posts here, and sometimes they comment as well.

#3 Redwine4all

Redwine4all

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hi GrumpyMonkey, thanks for the quick answer :) ... so let me call my post "feature request" :D and let see, if in the future such a feature in Evernote (best tool ever) appears.

#4 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 10,219 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hi GrumpyMonkey, thanks for the quick answer :) ... so let me call my post "feature request" :D and let see, if in the future such a feature in Evernote (best tool ever) appears.

Glad I could help. I'll change your title for you.

#5 Aaron Aiken

Aaron Aiken

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Adding my voice to this feature request. Use Evernote heavily in my business and have just recently started to add personal journal entries on the personal end. Because I literally spend my entire day running my business from Evernote, having a journal in there for personal entries just made sense. Having the ability to password protect this folder would be ideal.

Thanks for making such an awesome product!!

- Aaron Aiken
- Aaron Aiken
http://aikenwebsolutions.com

Evernote Business User

#6 Rob111

Rob111

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yea, I have to second this. I'd gladly upgrade to Premium, if Evernote could add a secure folder-lock feature.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, folder, prtoction, password, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote