(Archived) Send Notes by E-Mail

wewa

Hello,

I've a question about sending notes per email from Evernote to other persons.

1. How are these emails sent? Are they sent from the Evernote-server and the sender-email-address is set to the account email?
  2. How can I see which emails were sent? I miss a folder with sent emails or something similar to it.

Best regards

wewa

• Level 5*

Hi. The best way to see what these emails look like is to send one to yourself. They don't go out through your mail client, and they are branded for Evernote; but if you have a search around the forums you should find some ideas about how to avoid this. Mainly they boil down to: either save your note as a file and send that out manually, mail from Evernote to yourself and forward it on; or just send from Evernote. Bear in mind also that you could just share a note with someone rather than sending an email. Your information is still Evernote branded, but you can always put a logo and heading in the note to personalise it.

You can have a copy of any emails sent by ticking the "CC me in on the mail" box in Evernote, or by one of the other methods above.

• Level 5*

Hi. The best way to see what these emails look like is to send one to yourself. They don't go out through your mail client, and they are branded for Evernote; but if you have a search around the forums you should find some ideas about how to avoid this. Mainly they boil down to: either save your note as a file and send that out manually, mail from Evernote to yourself and forward it on; or just send from Evernote. Bear in mind also that you could just share a note with someone rather than sending an email. Your information is still Evernote branded, but you can always put a logo and heading in the note to personalise it.

You can have a copy of any emails sent by ticking the "CC me in on the mail" box in Evernote, or by one of the other methods above.

I am still unclear about this. I have a copy of my Evernote emails in the sent box of my email account, and the header shows that the emailed note originated with Evernote and then went to the recipient "via" my web client. Are you sure it isn't going through the email address associated with your account?

• Level 5*
Are you sure it isn't going through the email address associated with your account?
- I was vague on the comment - the "not through your mail client" meaning they don't go out through Outlook or Thunderbird or whatever with a header that is clearly your email address - because I'm not sure how Evernote actually gets the email out. There could be a stripped down email engine in the desktop client - it doesn't have to cope with anything but issuing an email plus attachments, and having your own on-board subroutine skips the need to interface with all the possible mail options out there. We'd have to wait for a passing Evernote body to comment further..

Archived