Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Android

Send Notes by E-Mail

mail evernote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wewa

wewa

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hello,

I've a question about sending notes per email from Evernote to other persons.
  • How are these emails sent? Are they sent from the Evernote-server and the sender-email-address is set to the account email?
  • How can I see which emails were sent? I miss a folder with sent emails or something similar to it.
Best regards
wewa

#2 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 5,695 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi. The best way to see what these emails look like is to send one to yourself. They don't go out through your mail client, and they are branded for Evernote; but if you have a search around the forums you should find some ideas about how to avoid this. Mainly they boil down to: either save your note as a file and send that out manually, mail from Evernote to yourself and forward it on; or just send from Evernote. Bear in mind also that you could just share a note with someone rather than sending an email. Your information is still Evernote branded, but you can always put a logo and heading in the note to personalise it.

You can have a copy of any emails sent by ticking the "CC me in on the mail" box in Evernote, or by one of the other methods above.

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

#3 GrumpyMonkey

GrumpyMonkey

• Title: 不機嫌な猿
  • 10,218 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi. The best way to see what these emails look like is to send one to yourself. They don't go out through your mail client, and they are branded for Evernote; but if you have a search around the forums you should find some ideas about how to avoid this. Mainly they boil down to: either save your note as a file and send that out manually, mail from Evernote to yourself and forward it on; or just send from Evernote. Bear in mind also that you could just share a note with someone rather than sending an email. Your information is still Evernote branded, but you can always put a logo and heading in the note to personalise it.

You can have a copy of any emails sent by ticking the "CC me in on the mail" box in Evernote, or by one of the other methods above.

I am still unclear about this. I have a copy of my Evernote emails in the sent box of my email account, and the header shows that the emailed note originated with Evernote and then went to the recipient "via" my web client. Are you sure it isn't going through the email address associated with your account?

#4 gazumped

gazumped

• Title: Operative
  • 5,695 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Are you sure it isn't going through the email address associated with your account?

- I was vague on the comment - the "not through your mail client" meaning they don't go out through Outlook or Thunderbird or whatever with a header that is clearly your email address - because I'm not sure how Evernote actually gets the email out. There could be a stripped down email engine in the desktop client - it doesn't have to cope with anything but issuing an email plus attachments, and having your own on-board subroutine skips the need to interface with all the possible mail options out there. We'd have to wait for a passing Evernote body to comment further..

I use Evernote constantly but don't speak for them.  Opinions here are my own based (more or less) on age,  experience,  and common business sense.  

Evernote read what's posted here,  and take it into consideration setting priorities;  they don't normally comment on individual cases,  or offer any forecasts or promises on whether or when a new feature might be released.  

Premium Windows & Android user in Wales, UK

EN Mobile 5.8 Beta 2 | Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 | Chrome - EN Desktop 5.2.0.2503 (270503) Prerelease | Dell Inspiron W8.0 | Chrome + Clipper & Clearly | MS Office 2013 (also Vista and W7)
Support and information: Mac | Windows | iOS | AndroidGetting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Status Page | The App CenterSupport Requests & Feedback 

(Support only work weekdays,  US Pacific Time)  |  If you need to change your account name,  email address or check usage,  do it here 

Use your spare processor capacity for science research - find out more about BOINC here.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, mail, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote