Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Mac

HELP: Image capture won't allow scan to Evernote

image capture scan to evernote

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 gtanner

gtanner

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I am running Mac OS X 10.7.4 and evernote 3.0.6. I had been using Image Capture to scan docs directly to Evernote when suddenly a week ago the "scan to" evernote preference disappeared from the Image Capture screen. I tried to "scan to " other and choose Evernote but Evernote is grayed out in the applications folder. Can someone help me resolve this issue.

#2 cdoornbos

cdoornbos

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

Same configuration and issue here.

#3 MarkArd

MarkArd

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

Try creating an evernote watch folder and putting it in your user folder. (or anywhere you want). The folder saves all files put into it to evernote, then deletes the file from the folder.

1) Create an applescript with the script below "scan2evernote"
1*) change the set myTags to "" to the tag you want, preferable a Now tag or ASAP tag, so you remember to organize it later.
2) save the script to ~/Library/Scripts/folder action scripts
2*) search the internet to find how to unhide your Library folder. It is the one on the main HD, not the Library folder in your username folder. You will know you are in the wrong Library if you can't find the Scripts/folder action scripts
3) Create a new folder somewhere…preferably somewhere you will remember, but don't want to see. I named it "evernote watch folder" and put it in my personal folder
4) Right click that folder and select "folder action setup"
5) choose the scan2evernote script
6) Now when you scan (i just use "image capture") make sure the folder is set to "evernote watch folder" remember the files
are

Copy and paste everything below this line into applescript and compile it and save it as described above.
-----------------------------------------------------------
property dialog_timeout : 30 -- set the amount of time before dialogs auto-answer.

--MAIN FOLDER ACTION
on adding folder items to this_folder after receiving added_items

--ENTER DESIRED TAGS SPACE SEPERATED
set myTags to "1-Now"

try
repeat with newItem in added_items
if newItem does not contain "DS_Store" then
tell application "Evernote"
set NotebookList to {}
set books to notebooks
repeat with book in books
set end of NotebookList to name of book
end repeat
set targetNotebook to (choose from list NotebookList with prompt "Please select Notebook:")
if targetNotebook is not false then
create note from file newItem notebook targetNotebook tags myTags
end if
end tell
end if
tell application "Finder"
delete newItem
end tell
end repeat
on error errMsg
display dialog errMsg
end try
end adding folder items to

#4 gtanner

gtanner

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Wow! Mdar.....that's a helluva work around! How about just "scan to" preview then drag the docs into evernote! But, I still want to know what happened to the "scan to" Evernote option....it was so efficient and yet it just disappeared!

#5 MarkArd

MarkArd

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

It's not as complicated as it seems once it's all set up. I usually get a few documents a day from school and it's nice to come home, place them in my feed scanner and press a button on my computer. They are scanned, imported into my evernote inbox, and ready to be tagged and filed in evernote. Then the scanned copy is deleted from my HD so that all there is is the evernote version. Also, the nice thing is that my inbox is synced, so as soon as I scan, the file is accessable from my phone or on any computer with internet.

#6 ransford

ransford

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

Same symptoms for me on OS X 10.7.4 and Evernote 3.1.2.

#7 opm78

opm78

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Same problem with me too. It was working fine previously, must have been the recent upgrade to Evernote which precludes it from the Finder window.
Running Evernote 3.1.2 on OS X 10.7.4

Hope someone can assist, for now scan to Folder and manually drag.. what a drag!

#8 Jackolicious

Jackolicious

• Title: Desktop Products
  • Group: Evernote Employee
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Are you all running Evernote from the Mac App Store?

My TwitterCheck out our Knowledgebase  our guides here: Mac or Windows. Still need help? Submit a support request here.

#9 Matt Shirley

Matt Shirley

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

I am having the same issue, same Mac OS version, and am using the latest Evernote version from the Mac App Store.

#10 Cris Ferreira

Cris Ferreira

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

I've got the same problem. I am also running Evernote from the App Store. It seems that the problem might be on Image Capture, because now I don't see any executable program available to be chosen through the "scan to" option. I remember that I used to see other programs available before, not only Evernote.
Any ideas?

#11 elit173

elit173

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

Just wanted to add my voice here as well. Same versions, same problem. Image Capture just suddenly stopped allowing the ability to select ANY app in the Scan To/ Other pull down box.

#12 Rivanor (web_knows)

Rivanor (web_knows)

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

I am running Mac OS X 10.7.4 and evernote 3.0.6. I had been using Image Capture to scan docs directly to Evernote when suddenly a week ago the "scan to" evernote preference disappeared from the Image Capture screen. I tried to "scan to " other and choose Evernote but Evernote is grayed out in the applications folder. Can someone help me resolve this issue.

Same problem, just to add up. But as mentioned on this thread, not able to "Scan to" any other application. Shame on OS X. I don't think it is Evernote related.

#13 EOppegaard

EOppegaard

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Did anyone get this issue resolved? I was hoping that an update to Mountain Lion would somehow fix the issue, however it is still not functioning for me.

#14 TechMarcus

TechMarcus

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

I am seeing this same issue. Fully up to date Max OS X 10.7.4 and Evernote 3.1.2 from the Mac App Store.
Not sure what changed, hadn't used the scanner in about a month. Image Capture does not allow me to choose any other Applications, Evernote included.

pulled the Image Capture plist files from the ~/Library/Preferences to no avail.

Any thoughts or updates on this?

MM

#15 TechMarcus

TechMarcus

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

Well, never figured this one, but I was able to get around it by renaming Evernote.app to iPhoto.app
Never use iPhoto, so I just removed it. It's a workaround for me until this gets resolved at least.

Just told Image Capture to use iPhoto from the scan to drop down.

MM

#16 TechMarcus

TechMarcus

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Alrighty! Not to be sidelined by my temporary 'workaround', I figured I would take another look at this issue today.
I updated to Mountain Lion, and as someone else noted, it had no effect. All Applications are still greyed out.
Test New User account (admin) same results

So being how the OS X is supposed to intuitive, I tried a simple method. I opened a Finder window to the Applications folder, and with Image Capture and Scanner load up. I simply just dragged the Evernote Application from the Finder window to the 'Scan To' drop down. Low and behold, it gave me a green plus!
I dropped it there, and now it works like it used to!

So moral of the story, just drag and drop the application! Duh ;)

Hope this helps others out!

#17 gtanner

gtanner

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Just tried this but it did not give me the green plus! I do not have mountain lion as I can't seem to get it to download....but that's another separate issue....I'll try it again if I can ever get mountain lion installed!

#18 kennyklee

kennyklee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

This worked beautifully! WOW WOW WOW!!! I've been trying to figure this out for a while, and this solution is the 1st time someone's tried it!

Thanks TechMarcus!!!

Alrighty! Not to be sidelined by my temporary 'workaround', I figured I would take another look at this issue today.
I updated to Mountain Lion, and as someone else noted, it had no effect. All Applications are still greyed out.

So being how the OS X is supposed to intuitive, I tried a simple method. I opened a Finder window to the Applications folder, and with Image Capture and Scanner load up. I simply just dragged the Evernote Application from the Finder window to the 'Scan To' drop down. Low and behold, it gave me a green plus!

#19 snsokstan

snsokstan

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

This workaround seemed to work for me. However, after ImageCapture did the scan, Evernote blinked once but nothing got uploaded to Evernote. There was no increment in the total number of notes in EN.

#20 rogowar

rogowar

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

I had issues when I tried to drop the dock icon onto image capture, but dragging the app from the Applications folder worked great, and I'm once again scanning to evernote. Thanks for the tips.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, image capture, scan to, evernote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote