(Archived) REQUEST: Paste to current note in Evernote

splash

Idea

Any chance we could please, please have a dropdown option to "Paste to current (note in) Evernote"? i.e. combine a string of snippits without ever leaving the web browser?

Hi ENUsers,

Let me know if I've missed this feature somewhere...

I am often simultaneously reading multiple tabs/webpages on the same topic, and want a snippet from here or from there. Currently, I drag them as text files to my desktop and then need to later copy and paste them into a single note. Very tedious and slow.

I'm aware of the merge notes feature (bulky for this purpose)

I'm aware that I can copy to clipboard, switch to evernote, go back to chrome (or browser), and do that repeatedly.

But it would be soo nice to have in addition to "Paste to Evernote" a "Paste to current Evernote", and have, in one step, it just pile up in the visible note there in the background. (Even cooler would be if it carries the url with it and either lists them in the url field or just pastes them after the snippet, but the basics would be just fine to start with :))

Thanks for any help!

Splash

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Any chance we could please, please have a dropdown option to "Paste to current (note in) Evernote"? i.e. combine a string of snippits without ever leaving the web browser?

Hi ENUsers,

Let me know if I've missed this feature somewhere...

I am often simultaneously reading multiple tabs/webpages on the same topic, and want a snippet from here or from there. Currently, I drag them as text files to my desktop and then need to later copy and paste them into a single note. Very tedious and slow.

I'm aware of the merge notes feature (bulky for this purpose)

I'm aware that I can copy to clipboard, switch to evernote, go back to chrome (or browser), and do that repeatedly.

But it would be soo nice to have in addition to "Paste to Evernote" a "Paste to current Evernote", and have, in one step, it just pile up in the visible note there in the background. (Even cooler would be if it carries the url with it and either lists them in the url field or just pastes them after the snippet, but the basics would be just fine to start with :))

Thanks for any help!

Splash

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

I am unaware of any feature that would allow you to do this, but it does sound like a feature that could be handy. That said, the current options for getting text from one location to another on the Mac are pretty nice.

I usually use the web clipper browser extension to get things into Evernote. I prefer to keep everything intact, so I clip full pages (I like to know the context and retain the URL), but you can clip selections as well. Later, I'll drag all of the notes into one in order to create note links to all of the stuff I have collected. My browser of choice is Chrome.

http://evernote.com/webclipper/

An alternative would be to have your browser open in most of the screen, open a note in another window, and simply copy and past text directly into it. Presumably, you are using a text editor in order to avoid a format soup. If you install the free app FormatMatch (highly recommended) it will strip formatting as soon as you copy text, and then all you have to do is paste the selection into your note. Quite handy.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/formatmatch/id445211988?mt=12

Another alternative would be to have Evernote open full screen, and have you browser open full screen, and just swipe to move in-between them. I do this a lot. I think it is even less effort than having both windows open, and it allows me to enjoy a full-screen view.

Hope this helps!

wow thanks for those tips! i'm not using Lion yet, so i think i have to wait on the last option?

but FormatMatch will certainly help; I'll try that one out and see if it makes things smoother so i don't get bogged down in format-play w/each snippet. sounds like lion is worth an upgrade for me...

Archived