(Archived) BUG: Chrome not loading at the first loading with Web Clipper

eduardobpe

Hi. I have a problem with Chrome 19.0.1084.52 m and Evernote Web Clipper 5.4.

My operating system is Windows 7 Proffesional 32 bits.

When I open Chrome for the first time, my home page doesn't load. If I stop the page load and refresh, my home page is loaded correctly.

I have removed Evernote Web Clipper extension from Chrome, and this problem hasn't ocurred again. Then, the problem is the Evernote Web Clipper extension, I think.

Certainly, I am connected to Internet when I open Chrome.

What can I do to solve this?.

I also have Google Chrome 19.0.1084.52 m and Evernote Web Clipper 5.4, on Windows 7 64-bit. I too have the issue that eduardobpe mentioned-- When I open Chrome, the URL bar is filled with the URL of my homepage and Chrome shows the loading animation as well as the word "Loading". Nothing happens, however. If I highlight the URL and hit enter the page will immediately pop up. I hadn't made the connection to Web Clipper until I read this post but confirmed it as eduardobpe did, I disabled Web Clipper and restarted Chrome-the page immediately popped up. I turned Web Clipper back on and the issue returned.

It's not a very big issue for me, a mild inconvenience, but it adds an additional step that I'd like to remedy.

Thanks.

I hope this problem is fixed in the next update of web clipper extension for Chrome or with Chrome 20.

I have installed web clipper extension in Firefox 12 and this problem doesn't occur. With Firefox, I open it with web clipper installed and my home page (www.google.es) load correctly instantly.

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue, been annoying me for a few weeks. I use a lot of Chrome application shortcuts for things like Gmail, Twitter etc, and none of them were loading first time, I had to launch them twice. After reading this post I disabled the Evernote Web Clipper, and the problem has gone away. Hope there is a fix soon.

Google Chrome 20.0.1132.57 m

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1

Evernote Web Clipper 5.5.1

• 1 month later...

Archived